“Don't say I didn't warn you!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Memphis - Downtown / Graceland Area

You added Super 8 Memphis - Downtown / Graceland Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Memphis - Downtown / Graceland Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   340 West Illinois Street, I-55 Exit 12C, Memphis, TN 38106   |
Ranked #82 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Iowa, United States
“Don't say I didn't warn you!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Find somewhere else to stay! This hotel is in a super shady area surrounded by abandoned buildings with broken windows. There's a train track nearby that is very busy and very loud. You can hear everything going on in your neighbors' rooms. There are just a lot of extra noises you can hear in your room that make sleeping very difficult. We also never had bath towels because they were always "in the wash." The shuttle they offer is nice even though you must pay a bit for it, and the lady who drove us was very friendly. It's a nice distance from Beale St. The little rat turds in the bath tub were a nice touch. The counter and sink are outside the bathroom which is nice for people trying to get ready while others are showering. Then that makes the bathroom with the toilet and shower very small. We were a big group of college kids going for football and New Year's Eve so it was fine for us to handle, but I would NOT stay here alone or with a family. Especially not kids.

Room Tip: I guess I would ask for a side opposite of the train tracks, but then you'd have to stare at cre...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perry, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel right around the corner of I-55. A few restaurants are a mile away and the actual downtown area is about 4 miles away. The hotel needs a lot of improvements. The elevators were being fixed so I had to take the stairs which are in the back of the building, outside. It snowed so the stairs were icy and I had to be careful not to fall and break my neck. The room wouldn't get warm for anything. You could feel the warmth if you sat at the table and chairs but no where else. The bathroom door scrubbed against the ceiling so the door wouldn't close and the ceiling was coming apart from the rubbing of the door top against it. The room was only $44 bucks which wasn't bad but I wish it was a little better inside.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The room was freezing when we arrived, we didn't think the heater worked. Eventually it did start, but when we called they didn't have extra blankets we could use. Also the shower would not turn off and ran lightly all night. When we called about that they implied it wasn't the only room and said it couldn't be fixed that night, but it wasn't fixed during the day either. When we asked about memphis the staff member was very negative, saying he hated it there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

North Pole, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I checked in on December 29th and the nightmare began. The area the hotel is in is spooky. There are bums and such wandering around. The first room we checked into had no heat at 30 degrees outside(and inside). We found a moldy loaf of bread behind the nightstand, just disgusting. I went to get a another room and after 3 keys that room was no good. Finally we get another room and this one has a heater that kept it around 55 degrees. We woke up the next morning and discovered a cockroach on the wall so we packed up and left. I paid nearly $80 for the room, atrocious!!! We never once were offered an apology or discount or anything. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!

• Stayed December 2012
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The perfect stay over hotel. Is it fancy? Nope. Is it dated? Yep. But sheets were clean and shower was hot. Fridge was great for refreshing our ice packs and chilling food for the road. Built in hair dryer, coffee pot, minimal free breakfast, microwave. For 45.00, you can't ask for much more. We arrived very late and they were still helpful. Area is a bit removed from downtown but they had a shuttle for like 8.00, it's an older industrial side of town, but did not feel unsafe. Don't fool yourself, this is not a vacation motel, but great for a quick stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I booked this motel for my daughter. The employees at this hotel are so nice and courtious!!! Even though my daughter should be checking out at 11 am, they are letting her to stay in the hotel room until the evening free of charge because her train doesn't leave until 10.40 pm of the day. I wish more hotels were this considerate to customers ;-))

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Super 8 Memphis - Downtown / Graceland Area? Share your experiences!