“Amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Starkville, Mississippi
“Amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I never write reviews, but I signed up just so I could gush about how nice the staff at this hotel is. Last weekend my friends and I went to Memphis for a concert, and I was in charge of getting the room. I screwed up big time and booked the room for the Thursday night instead of the Friday, and I did not discover this until we went to check in and my reservation couldn't be found. My man Brandon at the front desk saved me. He got us a nice room and I was forgiven the "No Show" fee. The room was super clean and the beds were very, very comfortable. This Sleep Inn's location is fabulous. The trolley stop is right out the back door and it is just a short, lovely walk to Beale Street. We followed another reviewer's recommendation and ate breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe right across Court Square.
At checkout the next morning, Shannon was amazingly helpful and kind. Such a great staff! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We had a wonderful stay. A nice location and nice accommodations. Shannon at the front desk was very friendly and amazing to work with! Definitely recommend..Nice price and good stay. Beale street is about a mile. Breakfast was average and room was a little small but very clean and nice. Wonderful shower..will stay again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This hotel was one of the cheaper ones and we accidentally visited during the International Blues Challenge week (also recommended to visit during this time!).

The rooms are fine, standard motel style and there is parking outside (not free)

Receptionist wasn't as friendly or helpful but overall the room was fine and the breakfast was ok - standard for a motel style room.

Don't stay here if you want to use a gym - their 'fitness centre' is a bit of a joke.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Miri, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located within walking distance of Beale St, Museum of Rock n soul, Civil Rights Museum etc and the trolley stops right outside if you don't want to walk. We had a standard queen room which was quite snug but fine for a short stay. The whole place was quite newly renovated and in good condition. There is onsite parking for $12 a night. It felt totally safe to walk around including at night. The staff were fine, and the lady on reception was extremely friendly. Breakfast was typical chain hotel style which I am not a fan of, but it was no worse than usual. No complaints about this place at all, the price was reasonable and the location great, so I would definitely go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This hotel is located within walking distance (or trolley) of all downtown Memphis attractions including Beale Street with its many bars , restaurants, and shops , and The FedEx Forum. There is also reasonably priced parking onsite . The hotel is nicely appointed and very clean . I slept well as the room was quiet and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The staff was always helpful and friendly. The breakfast was not special but was what you would expect in a moderately priced hotel. I strongly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel back in May 2013 with a group and I'm still chasing up missing points for my stay. The hotel itself is okay but the guy on reception was very unhelpful as was most of the staff working there. I do however think it's a Memphis Hotel thing. I've stayed in numerous hotels in Memphis and the hotel staff attitude is pretty bad across the board. A shame really because it's such a great city to visit and the general population are very friendly and hospitable. Apparently upon checking out the guy at reception cancelled my booking in the system even though I paid and my credit card statements show the payment. I've contacted contact Choice Hotel numerous time and nobody can help me so I just gave up. Needless to say I won't staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Orland Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Rooms are small but clean, don't bother with the breakfast, go to the Blue Plate Cafe across the square for a great breakfast. That being said...hands down the most friendly, warm, helpful hotel staff I have ever come across! Location was perfect for us. If you want to take the trolley to beal, it stops in front of the hotel. We chose to walk most of the time. Follow the trolley tracks down Main and there are some nice resturants, bars if you want to take a break from Beal St. I would stay again. My husband and I are in our 50s and never felt unsafe walking back to this hotel at night.. We walked back from Beal at midnight without a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn at Court Square? Share your experiences!