“Missing points” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Melbourne
“Missing points”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel back in May 2013 with a group and I'm still chasing up missing points for my stay. The hotel itself is okay but the guy on reception was very unhelpful as was most of the staff working there. I do however think it's a Memphis Hotel thing. I've stayed in numerous hotels in Memphis and the hotel staff attitude is pretty bad across the board. A shame really because it's such a great city to visit and the general population are very friendly and hospitable. Apparently upon checking out the guy at reception cancelled my booking in the system even though I paid and my credit card statements show the payment. I've contacted contact Choice Hotel numerous time and nobody can help me so I just gave up. Needless to say I won't staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Orland Park, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Rooms are small but clean, don't bother with the breakfast, go to the Blue Plate Cafe across the square for a great breakfast. That being said...hands down the most friendly, warm, helpful hotel staff I have ever come across! Location was perfect for us. If you want to take the trolley to beal, it stops in front of the hotel. We chose to walk most of the time. Follow the trolley tracks down Main and there are some nice resturants, bars if you want to take a break from Beal St. I would stay again. My husband and I are in our 50s and never felt unsafe walking back to this hotel at night.. We walked back from Beal at midnight without a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Springfield, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I visited Memphis in mid-February and, after some research on Tripadvisor, chose to stay here because it was a great price and seemed to be well located. I think we made a great choice. It's an easy walk to many restaurants and other places, including Beale St., Peabody Hotel, and FedEx Forum, and a little park where you can look out over the Mississippi River. It is also located directly on a stop of the trolley. We always felt safe walking in the area, as there were many other people out walking both during the day and in the evening.
Our room was small, but very clean, cute, and updated (we had a Queen bed room). For just my husband and I, it was manageable. It also had a great view. looking out on Court Square, which is very pretty.
The free breakfast in the morning was a great added-benefit, and the breakfast area was one of the nicer dining spaces we've encountered at a chain-hotel, with free coffee and tea available all day, too.
If we came back to Memphis, I know we would chose to stay here again.

Room Tip: A view of the square is lovely, but if you need to sleep here during the day, ask for a room away fr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
london
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

First impression of this hotel was a most unwelcoming male receptionist who did not once make eye contact with me during the checking in process. Having seen the room I went to ask for a larger one, but he was obviously not interested in helping, just mumbled something and walked off.
The Room is so small, and the toilet is practically in the bedroom with just a sliding door, very unhygienic. Also the wash basin is in the bedroom, there is no room for privacy.

The bed was comfortable and the water hot, but the breakfast virtually inedible.

Don't bother with this hotel, I am sure there are plenty more options in Memphis.

Memphis in particular Beale Street is lovely and the people very friendly, so it was a pity this Hotel let a great city down.

Room Tip: If you have to stay, upgrade to a larger room
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Onalaska, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel was updated, clean, very nicely appointed and super comfortable and staff very helpful. Definitely a great place with excellent prices for downtown. Short walk to beale street peabody hotel and cotton musuem Will be back to stay

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Burlington, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

A downtown hotel in a "touristy area" doesn't need all the amenities like a bar, restaurant, etc. It needs to be clean, safe, updated and above all helpful with knowledgeable staff that understand customer service.

This place has all those things.

My wife and another couple took a last minute long weekend trip to Memphis in March to get the "H" out of the upper midwest freezer. Last minute means I get to make all the plans since the ithers are less experienced at travel. Balancing cost, amenities and location, I looked several times at Sleep Inn reviews, etc. Lowest cost rarely gets my attention, but the Trip Advisor reviews were many and throrough.

The hotel is fine. Brandon kicked *ss at the front desk. The hotel is clean and very well appointed, solid, quiet and safe. Yes, the rooms are smaller than normal....but seriously, you're a 10 minute walk from Beale Street. What the "H" are you doing in your room other than sleeping? Don't tell me...please.

Seriously, this joint offers real value if you want to be in downtown Memphis. We stayed two nights. I would stay there without even researching other hotels should I wish to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, nothing special or amazing, but comfortable rooms, friendly staff, nice and clean. The rooms are a bit small, we had a queen room BUT if you want a slightly bigger room with a French doors than open onto a tiny balcony, do ask if there's one available. You can't walk outside but you can get some fresh air, which makes a change from air con, so be sure to ask when you book.

We were in room 509, so I'm guessing that 609, 409, 309, also have the same French doors.

Breakfast was basic, but tasty. Sadly, as so many hotels nowadays, this also has polystyrene dishes and plastic cutlery, which I really don't like, but it was still a nice breakfast.

We arrived very early and despite check in being at 3 pm, we we're able to go straight to our room.

The hotel is about a 15 minute stroll to Beale Street but there is a trolley stop right outside, so for a dollar you can ride the trolley and save your feet!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn at Court Square? Share your experiences!