“GREAT LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Gloucester
“GREAT LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

On Main Street just a few minutes walk to Beal Street. Nice tidy location. Free breakfast. Rooms have all you need for a city stay. They also have a fridge and microwave. Nice and new. Friendly staff - then that's everywhere in Memphis - even the airport!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
gmsleepinnmemphis, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Court Square, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your excellent rating! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you stay with us again.

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Great staff, wonderful suite, prefect location and we had so much fun with help from the staff. They bent over backwards to make sure our stay was perfect. We will stay here again. Best hot water shower ever. Thanks

• Stayed November 2013
Everyone here at the hotel appreciated your compliments concerning your stay! Reviews, such as yours really makes their day and re-enforces their commitment to satifying our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We reserved this room because of a mix-up at another hotel. From the moment I called to check my reservation, till we checked out, the service was outstanding. The room itself was clean and comfortable. The ONLY complaint I had was the bathroom door is a sliding pocket door. This didn't allow for much privacy when you were doing your business. We stayed with another couple so maybe that was a personal issue we had to deal with. The huge shower and awesome water pressure were outstanding, though. We had a safe, fridge, and microwave in the room. The noise level was zero and we were never bothered by slamming doors, ect. The blackout drapes allowed us to sleep late becuase we had attended the Justin Timberlake concert and had been out late. The trolley has a stop right at the back of the property. The breakfast was your usual fare but did include sausage and scrambled eggs. The coffee was excellent. The room also had two hairdryers so this was handy for two ladies getting ready at the same time. We did not check out until almost 12 and there was no problem whatsoever with waiting till the last moment to leave. Very pleasant experience and will use this hotel in the future, when we stay in Memphis again. I wish I had gotten the names of those who helped us because they were awesome. From the clerks at the front, the valet, the Maid in the hall that got me several extra shampoo and conditioners from her cart (I have really long hair that was a snarled mess and she already knew what I wanted, lol), and the breakfast attendant, everyone seemed to be proud to working here and were extremely pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments regarding your experience with us, while attending the concert! The entire staff lit up with big smiles after reading your review, and are very appreciative for being recognized! They look forward to having you back with us again, the next time you visit Memphis.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Overall, I would say this was hotel was very good value for money.

The room was large and had all the facilities you would need - toiletries, safe etc. Breakfast was good.

The location was in walking distance of Beale St, but you can hop on the trolley right outside the hotel if you prefer.

Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful, but there was one member of staff that really let the hotel down. I haven't graded the hotel based on this member of staff, as it wouldn't be fair - I do think I need to mention it though, as I have never experienced such rude service in my life.

Unfortunately, I didn't get this member of staffs name, but he was a larger set black guy - probably in his late 30's. He wore baggy trousers and walked at a slow pace and with an attitude. We stayed 5-10 Nov and he was usually on reception about 5pm ish.

There was a few occasions when I thought he was rude - he wouldn't raise his head to say hello when we came in, and just grunted when we said hello or tried to engage him
in any conversation. He seemed annoyed that we were interrupting him from surfing the internet or whatever he was doing - as if we were an inconvenience! I just wrote these experiences off as him having a bad day or something. The main reason I am writing this however is due to the time we came in and needed to collect some laundry from reception - he was stood in the vestibule area near the main doors, so I waved to him as I approached the reception desk. Rather than walk over to the reception desk, he shouted out to me 'Can I help you?!', and it was in quite an aggressive manner. As he was quite far away, I gestured to the reception desk for him to come over - this conversation exchange happened THREE TIMES! Eventually, he walked over to the reception desk and didn't even look at me once. He seemed really annoyed again that I'd interrupted what he was doing. He was extremely aggressive and rude - when he asked for my name, he mumbled so much I thought he had asked for my room number - when I gave my room number, he just shouted at me 'YOUR NAME!!'

I am not a demanding traveller at all, and am quite mild mannered. I don't generally complain, and didn't complain direct to to hotel, as I was honestly so shocked at how awful he was. The other staff were great and made us feel really welcome, but unfortunately, he really let the side down.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsleepinnmemphis, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Court Square, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. All of your observations are appreciated and have been shared with all of the hotel staff so that they can continue doing the positive things, and improve on the areas you were dissapointed in. My apologies for the interaction you had with the evening desk clerk, this has been addressed with him to improve how he is actions are percieved by guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn, the next time you visit Memphis.
Washington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Booked this hotel due to reasonable price and promised easy to get to Beale St. The room we stayed in was very small, with the sink in the sleeping room and a pocket door to the shower/toilet room. But everything was very clean and nicely updated throughout. They thought of nice little touches, like a small flashlight in the bedside table. The trolley does stop right in front, which is good because it is a bit of a walk to get to Beale otherwise. Breakfast was adequate and well maintained, but the food wasn't hot. Our room overlooked the park/trolley line. It was a lovely view, but could tend to be noisy. I kept our wall heating/air unit on constant fan and that seemed to solve the noise issue. Would definitely stay here again, but probably pay a bit more for a larger, king room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsleepinnmemphis, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Court Square, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I appreciate your comments and observations regarding your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff so that they can correct some of the issues that you mentioned. Our breakfast attendant strives to keep the breakfast area neat, clean, stocked, and the food hot. We hope you enjoyed your time in Memphis and look forward to having you stay with us, again, the next time your travels bring you this way!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

As a producer I am always searching for a great hotel to set up our mobile office and keep an entire crew well-rested and happy. The Sleep Inn did an amazing job for our crew! The internet is great and free, loved the free breakfast, two great meting nooks, and 24/7 coffee (like currency to us!) The King Suite was a great spot to have meetings in as well as store gear and was very spacious. There's mini fridges to keep drinks cold which is great. We especially loved that each desk offers 4 plug-ins that work that are right there (I hate hotels that make you search for plug-ins behind the bed etc.).

We were located central near everything. The walk to Beale Street was about 8 minutes (we're fast New Yorkers, so you could budget 15 minutes if you are slower) and driving was pretty easy. It's far from the road so I had a little difficulty finding it at first but once I was settled it was no problem. Parking is $12 a day so budget that into your expenses before you go.

There's also lots of great suggestions for getting better sleep around the hotel- very charming!

All in all - for my crazy film crew, or your crazy family- the Sleep Inn is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are much quieter than the ones facing the park (where you have the trol...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review on your stay at our hotel, as well as your visit to Memphis! Your comments are appreciated by the staff, who look forward to seeing the documentary when it comes out. We were happy to see that everything met your needs and look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep Inn, should your travels bring you to Memphis in the future.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The rooms were very clean and quite spacious. We had a nice view of the park as well. Nothing to complain about here.

It was only a short 10 min walk to Beale Street where all the cool restaurants and bars are.

We really enjoyed our time here. No complaints from us and would stay again :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsleepinnmemphis, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Court Square, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Your comments and review are appreciated! They have been shared with the rest of the staff who love to hear how they are doing, and how they can improve our guest's experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sleep inn the next time you visit Memphis and the downtown area.

Been to Sleep Inn at Court Square? Share your experiences!