“best place i have stayed for the price room is clean and staff is superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown East

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #71 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Memphis, Tennessee
“best place i have stayed for the price room is clean and staff is superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

i enjoyed my stay there and would definately stay there again the management and staff make me feel at home away from home and i appreciate that it is in a great location and i feel very safe and secure there they even call me by my name when i come in GREAT PLACE TO STAY

Room Tip: the location is the best and it is close to some of the best resturants and in a very upscale classy...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
mzubair, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown East, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I took our children out for the weekend and we booked a room here
. It was terrible from the moment we purchased it. First the key was not working to let us in the front lobby so we had to wait on the cleaning lady to open it which was awful. When we finally made it to the room it was disgusting! ! The furniture was ripped the carpet had stains on floor and there was an old chicken bone on the floor not to mention the room reeked of mildew! The elevator was broken so we had to climb 3 flights of stairs. When we wanted our money back ( which we requested as soon as we saw the conditions of the room) the cleaning lady called the manager and the manager refused to come to the hotel to give our refund she said we could get it back the next day at 1pm because the mananger states "I'm not getting out of bed to come return their money they can get it the nxtday at 1pm" how feasible is thatwhen ur on vacation??? we ended up staying at embassy suites down the road which was wonderful!!! Luckily we did get our money back the nxt day at 3pm. Again DO NOT stay here!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s General Manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff and management and your perception about their behavior.

We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. The great news is that we are working everyday to improve and are currently in a process of refreshing our hotels.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel company out there. If at all possible stay anywhere else!! U will regret booking here. Their customer service is worse than bad. It's non existent. They never return calls or fix anything. We book a room here and went to check in and they tried to charge us double reservation price. Manager told us basically it wasn't his problem and we should take it up with cooperate. They refused to even offer us yhe room for the noght while we waited for cooperate to open the next day. We had to drive hours to find a place to stay with our baby. So we tried and cooperate the next day and they wouldn't even answer. I har left 20-30 voocemals and even the CEO won't call me back. This is a joke of a company who really needs to take some business classes on how to run a company!

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown East, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Memphis - Poplar Avenue. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Booked a reservation at another Extended Stay in Memphis (Airport) and we were told they were full! We were sent way across town to this hotel. The room was terrible! We stayed. 2 nights and will never book with hotel chain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Memphis - Poplar Avenue. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Oxford, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I hated just about everything about this place. I had to stay for a week for business. The first major issue was the lack of internet connection. After asking over and over for help, I was given the 800 number to the hotel's IT company and told I needed to deal with it myself. Even after I called, I still had no internet connection for most of the day and when I did have a connection it was almost nonexistent. I thought this was tragic for a hotel that is meant for 'extended stays.'

The next big issue was the fact that the hallways reeked of marijuana. This was completely disgusting and persisted for several days. Additionally, the A/C in my room was crappy. It made clanking sounds all through the night which kept me up and constantly leaked on the carpet to the point there was a wet spot on the carpet at least four feet in front of the A/C.

I honestly would never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bean Station, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The overall condition of this place is going downhill. The room I had was useable but old looking in places. It had a leaky faucet in the bathroom. The hot water was slow to come on. The internet was just a tad bit better than nothing. It was not working about 60% of the time. The parking area was well marked. The floors were mostly clean. The staff were mostly friendly. The elevator was slow to the 10th power. The front door was COMPLETELY LOCKED one morning. I may contact the fire department if this happens again.

Room Tip: Get near the buger joint next door for internet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Conway, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

stayed here my second night in memphis. the staff were very polite and welcoming. i was able to get a room on short notice. the room was very clean and i felt comfortable being there. the rooms come with a full kitchen so there are no ice makers(fill your ice tray when u get there..) they have a vending machine and laundry room. everything looked clean and unlike my first night stay at the Econo Lodge...... I will definitely stay again at the Extended stay America line of hotels. This trip was taken 04/21/2012

Room Tip: If you're looking for an affordable and comfortable place this is your place.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Memphis - Poplar Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Germantown East? Share your experiences!