“Beware! Don't stay at an extended stay!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #75 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
“Beware! Don't stay at an extended stay!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This has to be the worst hotel company out there. If at all possible stay anywhere else!! U will regret booking here. Their customer service is worse than bad. It's non existent. They never return calls or fix anything. We book a room here and went to check in and they tried to charge us double reservation price. Manager told us basically it wasn't his problem and we should take it up with cooperate. They refused to even offer us yhe room for the noght while we waited for cooperate to open the next day. We had to drive hours to find a place to stay with our baby. So we tried and cooperate the next day and they wouldn't even answer. I har left 20-30 voocemals and even the CEO won't call me back. This is a joke of a company who really needs to take some business classes on how to run a company!

• Stayed June 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Memphis - Quail Hollow, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Memphis - Poplar Avenue. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Booked a reservation at another Extended Stay in Memphis (Airport) and we were told they were full! We were sent way across town to this hotel. The room was terrible! We stayed. 2 nights and will never book with hotel chain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Memphis - Poplar Avenue. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Oxford, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I hated just about everything about this place. I had to stay for a week for business. The first major issue was the lack of internet connection. After asking over and over for help, I was given the 800 number to the hotel's IT company and told I needed to deal with it myself. Even after I called, I still had no internet connection for most of the day and when I did have a connection it was almost nonexistent. I thought this was tragic for a hotel that is meant for 'extended stays.'

The next big issue was the fact that the hallways reeked of marijuana. This was completely disgusting and persisted for several days. Additionally, the A/C in my room was crappy. It made clanking sounds all through the night which kept me up and constantly leaked on the carpet to the point there was a wet spot on the carpet at least four feet in front of the A/C.

I honestly would never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Bean Station, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

The overall condition of this place is going downhill. The room I had was useable but old looking in places. It had a leaky faucet in the bathroom. The hot water was slow to come on. The internet was just a tad bit better than nothing. It was not working about 60% of the time. The parking area was well marked. The floors were mostly clean. The staff were mostly friendly. The elevator was slow to the 10th power. The front door was COMPLETELY LOCKED one morning. I may contact the fire department if this happens again.

Room Tip: Get near the buger joint next door for internet
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Conway, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

stayed here my second night in memphis. the staff were very polite and welcoming. i was able to get a room on short notice. the room was very clean and i felt comfortable being there. the rooms come with a full kitchen so there are no ice makers(fill your ice tray when u get there..) they have a vending machine and laundry room. everything looked clean and unlike my first night stay at the Econo Lodge...... I will definitely stay again at the Extended stay America line of hotels. This trip was taken 04/21/2012

Room Tip: If you're looking for an affordable and comfortable place this is your place.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Memphis - Poplar Avenue. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Due to my relocation, I had stayed in this hotel for 50 days. Staying in this hotel was safe and comfortable. This hotel is very close to so many things: Walgreen, Chick-fli-A, Humdingers (with very nice grilled seafood) are right around the corner; Target and Best buy are just about 5-minute away. And all the hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to enjoy your days away from home!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have plenty sunshine.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was our 2nd time to stay here. The first time was a year ago and it was perfectly fine for an overnight stay. This time was horrid. We just needed a place to stay overnight while we were traveling to the east coast. We had stayed here last year when we made the same trip and it served our needs of just a quick place to spend the night. This time the place has gone down hill. I reserved a non-smoking room on hotels.com and when we got there they said it didn't say non-smoking but they had a non-smoking room. We got to our floor and the whole floor smelled of smoke. I thought maybe they had some smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor. We got to our room and it still smelled of smoke. I went down and asked if our room was indeed non-smoking and they said yes. They said what I was probably smelling was they recently redid the locks and it was probabl;y from the drilling on the doors. They offered to come up and spray, but I really didn't want to sleep thru the smell of smoke and whatever got sprayed in the room, it sometimes just makes it worse. We got there at 1055 pm, right before they closed up the front doors. There isn't an attendant after 11pm and one doesn't come back until 7am. I had called ahead to let them know we would be coming in late and that is how I found that out. They were going to leave our key with the laundry attendant if we came after 11pm. We left out at 530am to get back on the road. My husband said that was the quickest we had ever left a hotel and also we won't be back to this one. If you are a smoker it might be fine, but for non-smokers I wouldn't recommend it. Also the carpeting is really dirty. Sad the place has really gone downhill in a years time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Memphis - Quail Hollow? Share your experiences!