“Trying to like it. Have seen much worse” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #64 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Columbus, Ohio
“Trying to like it. Have seen much worse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

This hotel would have been great for a road warrior stop if it hadn't been for two things - the musty bedroom (104) and the very loud traffic noise and rumbling from the interstate which is no more than 200 ft away.

The receptionist was great, even though I checked in at 2am, the price was good, the room was fine for the price except the two things mentioned above and had a great whirlpool, and the bed is comfy. Just a shame about the lack of sleep.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Shane D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know about your recent stay with our hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to the staff and myself. Other than the two items mentioned, I am glad your stay met your needs.

Your comments will help us ensure that future guests will enjoy their stay without issue. If you should have any further comments, please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel. The number is (901) 384-0010.

Safe Travels,

Shane Doss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Swansea, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Pretty good hotel in good location off interstate. 10 min from Graceland. Small unheated pool with good sized jacuzzi. Nothing special with room, a little outdated bathroom. Surprisingly good breakfast still stocked and warm at 9 am. All in all a decent hotel for $80.

• Stayed January 2014
Perryville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Booked online without see the property in person. Usually Marriott Hotels are A+ but this place makes me want to just leave. Towel in our room had what looked to be tobacco on it? Dirty, smells, pool was ice cold, and there are much better hotels right down the road. Whole place is out of date. Will not stay at again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My family & I stay exclusively at Marriott hotels. I never worry when booking any type of Marriott because of the standards that I feel they set. Saying that, the lobby and breakfast area looked newly renovated and the breakfast was great! After you get past the lobby, however, that's a different story. The hallway smells musty and the room that we were given had a musty/cigarette smell to it. The beds squeaked and the floors are paper thin. There couldn't have been more than 10 guests at the hotel on the night that we stayed since the parking lot wasn't very full, however, we were placed directly underneath a guest that was up walking around in his room until around 1 a.m. I don't expect to have to hear the floor squeaking while a guest is walking around in a room. If this is a problem, then the guests need to be staggered as to give each guest a chance at a peaceful night's sleep. I would have also expected a great mattress since Marriott prides themselves on the quality of their nights sleep. I was extremely disappointed in our last minute stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: In hindsight, I guess I should have asked for a quiet location and a "clean" room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stay over for the Wiffleball Tournament in Memphis and really enjoyed the stay. The room was excellent and had a cot put in the room since there was three of us staying in the same room. Once we returned from the tournament I went down to enjoy the pool and hot tub and was really happy with the customer service from the staff and the breakfast bar the next morning. Next year, when I come down for the tournament will definitely stay there again. Thanks for the service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed here two days this past week. I really rely on Tripadvisor reviews, so I wanted to post my own here. When we first arrived, our card keys didn't work so we had to get new card keys. The gentleman from maintenance walked us back up to the room and personally ensured we got into our room. That night, our heating/cooling unit stopped working, and front desk staff quickly and kindly changed our room and the gentleman from maintenance was on the scene quickly to address the unit outage...attempting to fix it even before we left the room. Our next room was fantastic and no other room issues occurred. Housekeeping did an excellent job each day in keeping the entire hotel very clean. I didn't even see a spot on a carpet. Our towels and linens were always very white. The front desk staff even took the time to ask us about how we were doing after having to switch rooms. Very professional.

The only issue we encountered was the staff person who provided the hot breakfast each morning...she was terrible. She never kept up with food outages, and she never refilled coffee...even when asked repeatedly by several guests to do so. I did personally see her standing around and chatting with other staff and providing them coffee, however. She was such a striking contrast to the other staff there...she rarely worked while other staff provided excellent service delivery.

One thing I wanted to point out was that, while this hotel has an indoor pool, it is not heated. However, once you get used to the chilly water, swimming was a blast. This hotel also has a hot tub, and it was great. Parking was free and readily available.

Room Tip: The first night, we slept on the side away from the interstate, but it had a low hum that another gu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

After reading the reviews I was hesitant to stay here. Not only am I glad I didn't cancel but I wish I could have stayed longer.

My room was a spacious king suite that was divided into a work area with excellent furnishings and lighting and a sleeping area. The room had two TVs and a iPod-friendly stereo system in addition to a hot water dispenser, microwave and two refrigerators. (Yes, TWO. My guess is that either one didn't work or someone requested a second one and the housekeeping didn't move it before I checked in.) I was delighted to find that the wi-fi worked well, as I set an app to tape a program while I was out. The room was more along the lines of those I find in "resort vacation" destinations (such as the Smokies or beach areas).

The only detriment is the hotel was located in a relatively deserted area. However, since it wasn't near the airport I would not expect people with no transportation to utilize this facility.

It was an excellent night's stay in a room comfortable enough to spend several days in. I will book this hotel again the next time I'm in Memphis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Shane D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis during your visit to Memphis! Also, thank you for the nice words about our hotel. The staff and I try I best to ensure each guest enjoys their time in our hotel and we make their travels as easy as possible.

Thanks again!

Shane Doss

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis? Share your experiences!