“Hotel was pretty dirty, showing significant signs of age” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #64 of 134 hotels in Memphis

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night in the middle on January. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. I actually received an upgrade to a suite that had 2 refrigerators in it!

It takes around 20 minutes from the hotel to get downtown. So if you want to see downtown this would not be the best hotel to stay at.

The breakfast was typical Fairfield Inn fair. Jimmy Dean sandwiches for the microwave, cold cereal, yogurt, juice and fruit.

This hotel has a workout room which was a little outdated.

When I return to the area I will look for another hotel instead of staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shane D, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your recent visit to your hotel. I a glad the front desk staff continues to deliver friendly service for our guests. We do get several comments about them, and as a manager it makes me happy to see we have a good group of people taking care of our guests.

The options offered with breakfast are standard throughout Fairfield Inn & Suites. However, we do have a few optional items that are not standard such as the freshly made waffles, boiled eggs, and additional breakfast sandwich options.

Many of our guests are satisfied with the workout facilities on site that offer an elipitcal and treadmill for a cardio workout. However, we understand that there are guests that desire a more comprehensive workout. With that, we have suggestions available at the front desk for facilities that are nearby and can accommodate our guests. In addition, Shelby Farms park is just minutes away, and has walking/running trails available from sunrise to sunset.

I want to thank you again for choosing our hotel and offering up your feedback. The comments of the past guests help us ensure we are able to satisfy future guests.

Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was very cozy, I slept well, & the front desk personnel were so friendly! It seemed local to a lot of businesses I was frequenting. If I ever come back to Memphis I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Florianopolis, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I'll be straight with you guys: the hotel is old, shows it's age everywhere and it's not very convenient for someone visiting the tourist atractions of Memphis, like Graceland.

It's convinient for a road stop, as it sits right on the highway, but there's tons of other hotels in that region, so I would bet you can get something better.

Of course it's got some ups like the frond desk staff, free wi-fi and free breakfast, but don't count on the workout room if you're claustrophobic.

Bottom line: shop around for something better.

• Stayed October 2012
Stafford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

For my job I am in hotels about 50-60 nights a year. I try to stay with the Marriott chain whenever possible. I have been a gold member for 6-7 years running. I had to take a drive from Dallas to CT back in May. I rented 2 rooms. Unfortunately this was the worst hotel I have stayed in for a long time. So bad Marriott should take the sign down. Motel 6 would not approve it as a franchise. I should have know when checking that this was not a good place but it was almost midnight so I dod not want to try for another hotel that late. Carpets were stained, worn and coming loose in the hallway. The elevator was dirty and smelled. The rooms were old and very outdated but most importantly they did not appear all that clean. In one room the toilet overflowed after using it for liquid, the other room's toilet almost overflowed. The drains were so slow it was hard to use the sinks to shave. The toilet overflowed to the point water was coming into the room soaking carpet and dripping on someone in the room below who was sleeping. They moved us from that room into another room which when we opened the door had bugs crawling. Back to the front desk and got another room. This hotel needs a remodeling and new management.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Memphis is big and sprawling (1.3mm people) ... and there are 100's of Hotels to choose from ... but in the $50 to $99 group you have to look hard to find value. This place is well run, has an indoor pool, friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. For those with a car downtown Memphis is easy to get too. In our "suite" there were two large flat screen TV, sofa, desk, coffee maker, fridge and free wifi. (see photos) Their complementary breakfast was so so but could have been better. Look, for a few dollars more than Motel 6 you get more comfort and a good night's sleep. KEY TIP for a good nights sleep is to get a room NOT facing the freeway.

Room Tip: One not facing the freeway