Another of our last minute getaways and we booked a room based price and ratings. It was about 10 miles to downtown (that's why four stars from us) but in a very nice business area. The location did not turn out to be a problem.
Check-in was quick and Lori was very, very friendly and helpful. We got to the "room" and realized it was a mini-suite. A sign on the door said that this property was a "host hotel" for model suites for sister brands. Our room turned out to be a "model room test" for future Embassy Suites designs. We were guinea pigs!
The room design was very modern and trendy. We had a great wet bar with cabinets, microwave and mini fridge; very, very comfortable king bed with plush pillows and adjustable LED reading lamps; 46" HDTV on a swing arm; comfortable work/dining table with an ergo chair and two conventional chairs; a full sized couch with two ottomans; a small dressing nook with built in drawers and mirror.
The bathroom was large and one space. The sink had plenty of counter space, but with the dressing area near the bed, two or even three people could easily get ready at once. There was a nicely tiled walk-in shower with both a standard shower head and a hand-held shower near the built in bench.
Everything was a modern design, which leads to our very minor complains: the couch had square, wood arms which look very nice, but are equally uncomfortable. My wife's concern was the way the TV stuck out when turned toward the bed. We occasionally get up in the middle of the night and this is an obstacle. So why risk it, stay in bed, right?
The breakfast food was good with the usual selections and included eggs and biscuits and gravy. Everything was fresh. The lady in charge was having a hard time keeping up with the crowd, but she did what she could. The dining area itself was kept clean and was very spacious, well-appointed and comfortable. More tables were available on the attached patio, but it was already too hot to eat outside.
There was a small, basic business center (computer and printer), a workout room, and a very small pool. There's a small selection of snacks, drinks and sudries available for purchase off of the front desk. We used the free wi-fi, which was fast and secure. There are plenty of good dining choices nearby or within a short drive.
Based on the staff and common areas this would be a good choice for most anyone, although the pool area is probably too small for kids to have much fun. Room 506 was atypical for the property, but is very nice for even an extended stay, whether business or pleasure.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road Hotel Memphis
- Hampton Inn And Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
- Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road Hotel
- Hampton Inn Memphis
- Memphis Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Easy access from Interstate 240 exit 15, East Poplar Ave, third light turn left. Located close to Memphis attractions including Germantown, Cordova, Bartlett and Collierville, TN locations. Stay for a weekend, sporting event or for business. Regardless of the reason you're here, we are glad that you are here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.