“Good hotel, good price, great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johnston, Iowa, USA
“Good hotel, good price, great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed on a friends recommendation for 2 nights - a Thursday and Friday - over Spring Break. Rates were quite reasonable at $103/ night for a king suite with a kitchen and sofa sleeper. We asked for a cot to be brought up as well, so my kids wouldn't have to sleep together, and they happily accomadated our request. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They found out it was my daughter's 5th birthday while we were here and called me to ask permission to send her a dessert from their restaurant! Everyone is very friendly. Rooms are clean, and as silly as this is, I love the fact that the duvet covers are cleaned for each guest. breakfast is the typical hotel fair, but is very well kept. The location is great - near many restaurants, easy to find, lots of parking (free), and it's easy to get to many area attractions. I would stay here again if we come back to town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel along with a group of about 30 friends and family members. We had all gathered for a wedding. What a perfect place for a large group! The hotel is very new and all of the accessories are clean, modern, and attractive. There is a large lobby area to sit and relax, or to visit with friends. The rooms are large, including a very nice wet bar and large mini-fridge.

The breakfast bar is probably the best I have ever experienced in a moderately priced hotel. They have everything - waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, cereal, and even tortillas to make breakfast tacos - definitely a first!! Also, they change up the offerings from day to day which is a nice surprise.

Also this hotel is conveniently located to local restaurants, shopping, and major highways.

The only negative thing I can point out is that the showers are extremely slippery when wet, but the hotel is new and still ddecorating. They mentioned that they will be installing non-skid strips in the showers soon.

You cannot go wrong by staying here - do not be swayed by higher priced hotels nearby!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. It can get loud with slamming doors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

After traveling in Asia and Europe, I suppose my expectations regarding hotels have changed a bit. I am much more appreciative of the little things and service that I recognize at hotels and much more understanding in that it is a comfortable and clean place to lay my head but not my own living room.

I booked this hotel for a personal weekend trip as a company that I do business with is nearby, so I knew the location was good. I always know what I will get at a Hampton Inn property - large clean rooms, great service, value for the money and a decent breakfast to get my day started. This location was no different. It completely met my expectations from everything noted above and was convenient to I-240, The University of Memphis or driving down Poplar into downtown. The only thing I found interesting (but definitely not to the point of being annoying) was that for large groups staying at the property, their buses were parked out back near my room. As they rumbled their engines in the morning, it was very noticeable. Outside of that it is a perfect place to stay and I highly recommend it depending on where you need to travel to during your time in Memphis. I certainly will be visiting this property again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Walls are so thin you can hear people in the bathroom next door as well as snoring.
There is some type of large bus parked outside the right side of the hotel from 5:30am-ish to 7:15am with its engines idling which causes a vibratory noise in the room. Its awful.
All the lighting is bright flourescent. Energy efficient...I get it but don't they have subdued energy efficient lights these days? Service was so-so. I mentioned the bus and they rolled thier eyes.
The HVAC system is loud and terrible.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was in town for business and I can't imagine what any person would have to nit-pick about this hotel, because it was beautiful! The lobby/breakfast area was gorgeous with dark hardwood and a nice design. Reading over the reviews, it seems like some people are just plain crazy with their expectations of a medium range priced hotel and what it should feature. This hotel was above and beyond what I would expect, and most of the time I would tell folks you get what you pay for (if you want Waldorff Astoria treatment, you'll pay Waldorff prices!) however, I feel I got well over what I paid for here. Hotel was spotless, clean, fresh and staff willing to help with whatever requested of them! What more could you want for a simple stay out of town!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My room (king suite) was very large and roomy. However, I imagine because of the renovation, some items are missing. Such as a luggage rack, remote for the TV, cutlery (room has a small kitchen) and I think some artwork and furniture because it seems empty. One of the heater/AC units did not work. As for service, when they cleaned my room, they didn't replenish the coffee but they discarded all the soap (in tub and basin) and replaced it with new ones, which is a waste being I used them once. They also exchanged my towels, even though I hung them up. The room was very clean, and the associates very friendly. I will try this hotel again because I think some of these missing items had to do with the renovation.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Stayed here for the 1st time recently - previously had stayed at the nearby Courtyard but found it a little dated. This Hampton Inn is going through renovations - the breakfast area is already done and looks great, they are now going through the rooms.
Breakfast was lovely, lots of options and very clean. I was upgraded to a suite, which was a little dated looking (pre-renovation) but still VERY nice. The bed - MAN, best nice of sleep ever!
There was some minor trouble with my door lock (keys wouldn't work from the outside), which was not a big deal as I was in and out in 1 night. But the staff still offered me 10,000 HHonor points without being prompted. Love it when staff has the autonomy to make good customer service decisions.
They've locked me in for my next trip - see you guys in January!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road? Share your experiences!