First, let me point out I am a seasoned traveler throughout the United States and Europe. I have led student groups, traveled with family and friends, and traveled on business. I have stayed at hotels ranging from barely adequate to luxurious. With that being said, I can in all honesty write that the people who work at this Hampton Inn are by far the most accommodating, gracious, and sensitive to a traveler's needs of any hotel I have ever stayed. Shawn, the general manager, went out of his way to correct a booking error made by the agency that originally booked one of the rooms for us. The housekeeping staff keep the rooms immaculate. The head of housekeeping even went out and bought a new crib for my 1-year-old grandson because the one they had was in poor condition--and we did not ask her to do this! The entire staff, from the reception desk to housekeeping to maintanence, were personable, always greeting us with a smile and "have a nice day." One of the maintanence men even gave my grandson a package of Ritz bits. The breakfast goes from 6am to 10am, allowing time for those who like to sleep in to still eat. There is a good variety: bagels, bread, croissants, and muffins (type changes each day); an egg selection (this also changes each day; we had scrambled eggs with cheese and ham pieces the first day and a western omelet the next); bacon one day and sausage patties the next; a variety of different flavored yogurts and juices; waffles; mixes for oatmeal and hot chocolate, and coffee. And all this is included in the price of the room. While the location is about 10 minutes from downtown Memphis, it is easily accesible to it and other areas surrounding Memphis as the hotel is next to I240. Rooms must be sound proof because I didn't hear any traffic. There are a number of fast food restaurants within walking distance: Taco Bell, I Hop, Arby's, and Popeye's. The hotel is in a commercial area that has seen better days, but I felt safe and the hotel parking and grounds are well kept and secure. Other bonuses include free USA Today weekdays and free wifi. I booked one room about a month ago and got a great deal on hotels.com. I will definately stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from historic downtown Beale Street, or the home of Elvis Presley, the National Civil Rights Museum, shopping, bar b que, and the Memphis International Airport sits the Hampton Inn off I-240 at Perkins Rd. Where southern hospitality await your family reunion, your business needs, a sporting team, out of town friends and family or even a stay-cation, we love having you here! Hampton Inn I-240 offers 130 rooms with king sized accommodations or rooms with 2 double beds. Where each morning our friendly breakfast staff have prepared a fresh hot breakfast to help kick start your day. We look forward to your upcoming visit, and hope to see you the next time you are back in Memphis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Memphis-I-240 at Thousand Oaks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Memphis-i-240 At Thousand Oaks Hotel Memphis
- Hampton Inn Memphis-i-240 At 1000 Oaks
- Memphis Hampton Inn