“Nice overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East

You added Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #26 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Little Elm, United States
“Nice overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the type of hotel we like to stay at when we can arrive early and depart not so early the next morning. Everything was good. The hot breakfast was excellent. Great place for someone who is visiting a hospital patient which is right next door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I was pleased to see you were so satisfied with my hotel. Thanks again! I look forward to your next visit to Memphis Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hendersonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

this hotel like all other Hamptons met my expectations and provided quality accommodations at a reasonable price. clean rooms and excellent customer service. the breakfast was good as well. I don't mind writing reviews for good service and quality but I find the minimum character requirement very irritating. I am already helping you out by writing the review. Why do you have to put additional requirements on my comments.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We do strive to make sure everyone is 100% satisfied. Sorry about the limited spaces provided on the survey. I look forward to your next visit to Memphis Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Let me know if I can be of any assistance with your next travel plans. Safe Travels!!
Guntown, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Hotel is a decent property and I have stayed there many times......this trip the bath tub had hair and a melted bar of soap still in the tub!!! The frame around the mirrow had what appeared to be dried tooth paste on it! I pray I didn't catch anything from the tub!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
When I saw your comments I was shocked. I can't tell you how sorry I am the room didn't meet the standards I insist on. This is not of the norm. I assure you I have taken action. I do hope you will return so I can earn your trust again. I do thank you for your comments so I may correct them.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family and I visited for a quick weekend getaway. The staff was very helpful in providing us with fun activities in the area and directions. To eour dismay...we realized my 6 yr old left his 3 DS XL along with the bag of at least 20 games bundled in the covers on one of the beds. Grand total exceeding $2000! After calling and investigation....the staff found it!! Thank you and may God bless the housekeeping staff. We will definitely return...a trustworthy staff is PRICELESS.

• Stayed June 2013
I love it when I hear such kind words!! I do trust my staff. We all try our best to do the right thing. I thank you so much for letting me know of your experience. I will certainly pass your comments on to my housekeeping staff. They will be as proud as I am. Safe travels to you and your family. I look forward to your next stay in Memphis!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

From viewpoint of family with a relative in Baptist East Hospital, the location is great. Right in the middle of the hospital complex with a very short walk to the main entrance of primary hospital facility. Only a few eating choices within walking distance, but only a couple miles from a plethora of choices on Poplar Ave. The hotel isn't new, but I'd guess refurbed within last few years. So there's a small stain on the carpet, slight paint peeling from some trim, but otherwise very clean. Hotel was quiet and front desk very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
I want to thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Hotel. We appreciate your business. I was pleased that you were satisfied with the location of our property. I have already addressed the spot on the carpet and the painting issue you described. I hope to see you again soon. Safe travels to you and your family.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice!! Rarely I thank hotels for the feeling of "being home"...but "Thank You" I really felt welcome here! A lot of employees at other hotels are trained to say certain phrases, but these folks say it like they "Really Do" appreciate you being there. If I opened a Hotel..I would model this hotel and call it "Welcome Home Inn" The only negative is the let employees from the surrounding businesses (All healthcare Businesses) park in their lot, so guest parking is VERY limited. I mentioned this to front desk, but the response was "We are trying to control this" (Note: Employee's of the hospital parking lot was nearly empty [which they are charged a fee to park and work at the hospital] while the hotel parking had 2 spaces left at 8am. (I witnessed at least 23 nurses park and walk away from hotel.) ON THE OTHER HAND.... I passed 4 different children in wheel chairs in the elevator of hotel heading towards hospital....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I was so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. We do try to make every effort to provide that "home away from home" service. I am aware of the parking situation and have made strides with the nurses in area buildings to stop parking in our guest parking. You mentioned the children in wheelchairs on the elevators; we do a great deal of business with the hospital as you know we sit right in the middle of Baptist Hospital's campus. We try to make everyone’s stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your comments and for choosing Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Memphis! We look forward to your next visit to Memphis as it is our pleasure serving you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent service from very professional and friendly staff. The staff will even call me when fresh cookies are ready in the evening! The rooms are very quiet and clean. Wish each room had microwave and refrigerator.

• Stayed May 2013
.I am so happy you were satisfied with our hotel. We do pride ourselves in making sure all your needs are met. We are working to increase the number of refrigerators and microwaves throughout the hotel. I look forward to your next trip to Memphis. Let me know if I can help with future reservations.

Been to Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East? Share your experiences!