“Clean, Safe Location, Family Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East

You added Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Humphreys Center Drive, Memphis, TN 38120   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10% your next stay
Ranked #30 of 135 Hotels in Memphis
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Clean, Safe Location, Family Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Met up with family for a weekend of shopping at Memphis and stayed at this Hampton for 2 nights. I have never had a bad experience with Hampton/Hilton. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, beds very comfortable, good wifi, and the rooms although a somewhat older hotel, the rooms were fairly updated. I had never stayed in Memphis and wanted a safe location. This location is on the East side of Memphis next to the Baptist Hospital, and very safe. Quiet tucked away hotel. It is very close to I-240 and I-40 and near many good shopping centers. The value was great! I pre-paid and the room rate was around $60 a night. If going back to Memphis I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If your trip to Memphis is for "Downtown" events, this hotel is not close in location. Bu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am so happy you were satisfied with our hotel. We look forward to serving you again and again very soon!! Thank you for your comments!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Southaven, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel was booked at the last minute, so I did not expect anything great. I booked two rooms, and both were very clean. The beds were not very comfortable, and one of our rooms requested a roll away cot. The staff was extremely rude when they brought the cot up. They knocked on the door and left the cot sitting outside without even waiting to see if we answered the door. The first night, we discovered that one of the showers did not drain at all and that one of the air conditioners did not work. We did not complain since it is winter. The continental breakfast was wonderful - there was a great selection. The hotel is in a great location if you are not interested in downtown Memphis, although it isn't a far drive to downtown. Overall, the hotel is outdated, but a decent purchase for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I wanted to thank you for staying with us and your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove Memphis. It is so important to hear from my guests to address the positive and the negative experiences you have at my hotel. I assure you I have addressed your concerns with my staff and they as I am are committed to making sure your stay is a pleasant one and all your needs are met. Again, thank you for your comments. I hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was in Memphis on business with the hospital so they recommended I stay at the Hampton Inn because it is just across the parking lot from Baptist East. Based on my experience, I will stay ANYWHERE else in Memphis and drive ANY distance to avoid staying here again.
To begin with, the hotel is old and dirty. Rooms are dark and stale smelling. When I woke up the next morning after a restless sleep on the uncomfortable bed, I found a quarter and a dime in the bed along with a pair of dirty socks (none of these items were mine).
The service level was even worse. I called the front desk several times during the stay and only once did anyone answer. I almost missed my flight the next morning because the front desk mishandled calling a taxi to the airport.
I could go on, but this should be enough info to STAY AWAY from this terrible hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am so sorry your stay with us was an unpleasant one. This kind of service is unacceptable to me as well. I would like to ask you to please give me a call at the hotel so I can discuss this further with you. This is not how we do business and I’d like to make it right for you. I look forward to hearing from you and again please accept my personal apology as we failed to meet your needs.
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Clean property with great management. I booked two rooms. Second room had noise originating from bathroom ceiling. I spoke to management about it and she "took care of it", no questions asked. I will stay here again next time I'm in Memphis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove - Baptist East! It is our goal that every guest leave with 100% Satisfaction and if not we are dedicated to making it right! Thank you for staying with us, I look forward to seeing you again soon! Safe Travels!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I am very particular about room and bed cleanliness and this hotel was clean.

The continental breakfast had a lot of options, including hot food variety. Was very good.

A couple of guests, including us, had room keys that didn't work the first time, but it got fixed.

Staff was very nice.

We'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I want to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is our pleasure serving you and your family. We take pride in our hotel and want to make sure our guests enjoy their stay with us. We appreciate getting feedback from our guests to make sure we are doing it right! Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit to Memphis! Safe travels!
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here on business while visiting the West Clinic. The hotel is located adjacent to Baptist hospital and just down the street from my destination. Checkin was fast and very friendly. The bed was very comfortable- they linens and pillows were soft yet offered alot of support. Breakfast is provided- they serve some hot items and the usual continental. I would definitely stay here again any time I needed to travel to this area in Memphis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. We certainly want to make sure all our guests are happy and satisfied with their stay. Safe travels to you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Got in late last night, clerk was very accomodating, rooms & lobby were nice & clean. Beds comfy, lots of pillows.
Reasonable rates.Got coupon in hoteldiscount mag picked up outside McDonalds. Breakfast was typical free one-eggs, bacon, make ur own waffle. Would reccomend to stay at.

• Stayed August 2012
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. We appreciate you business. We hope to be of service to you again soon. Safe travels and see you again soon!