I was in Memphis on business with the hospital so they recommended I stay at the Hampton Inn because it is just across the parking lot from Baptist East. Based on my experience, I will stay ANYWHERE else in Memphis and drive ANY distance to avoid staying here again.
To begin with, the hotel is old and dirty. Rooms are dark and stale smelling. When I woke up the next morning after a restless sleep on the uncomfortable bed, I found a quarter and a dime in the bed along with a pair of dirty socks (none of these items were mine).
The service level was even worse. I called the front desk several times during the stay and only once did anyone answer. I almost missed my flight the next morning because the front desk mishandled calling a taxi to the airport.
I could go on, but this should be enough info to STAY AWAY from this terrible hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East Hotel Memphis
- Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East Hotel
- Hampton Inn Memphis
- Memphis Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East hotel is next to the Memphis business district & has free hot breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi. Take the complimentary shuttle service to The Baptist Memorial Hospital or discover great shopping at one of the nearby malls. Explore Shelby Farms or visit Beale Street, Graceland, and Sun Studios just a few miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.