“Remodeled but not Improved...Hilton Honors-No Benefits Here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Humphreys Center Drive, Memphis, TN 38120   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #29 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Creede, Colorado
“Remodeled but not Improved...Hilton Honors-No Benefits Here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed at this property over 250 times. Over the years the property had become run down and I stopped staying there. I returned because the property was remodeled. The property is much improved unfortunately, the staff has actually gotten worse.

Even though I am a Hilton Diamond Member there is not recognition here! They don’t greet you by name, they don’t have expedited check-in, they will not honor any room requests, there are no snacks for the room, no cookies at the front desk, no paper in the morning at the door, the bill was wrong and the general manager is hostile. When asked about Hilton Honors benefits, the manager said “well you get points right”, isn’t that enough? If you want a room on a lower floor she said that you had to be here first thing in the morning, because Hilton Honors doesn’t get priority.

This is a budget hotel at its worse…..

Room Tip: Forget-about-it...room requests are NOT honored!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
I am so sorry we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay. I appreciate your comments and will certainly use them as a training tool for my staff. I appreciate you as a Hilton Honors Member and want to make sure you get all the benefits. I hope you come back again soon. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a decent Hampton Inn, which means that in Memphis, it's about as good as it gets! The first floor lobby and breakfast area are in the midst of major renovations, so it is dusty and chaotic.

The room was a typical Hampton room, and clean enough.

I will consider staying here again, after the first floor construction is completed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! I am so sorry the dust bothered you. The good news is the lobby is complete and it is beautiful! I know you will love it. I hope you will give us the opportunity to really “WOW” you and come back to see our final results. Again, thank you for your comment. Safe travels to you and see you soon. General Manager
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was driving through town at 2:30 AM when I needed to stop for a hotel. I found this Hampton Inn, and found it to be a better than average Hampton. The room was clean, and it appeared they were in the process of renovating the hotel. The breakfast area was entirely closed for renovation. That said, the employee at the front desk was extremely helpful (Tony I believe), got me a room quickly, and answered my questions. Most importantly, the area surrounding the hotel appeared nice, and the hospital is right next door which would make it convenient if you needed to be near the hospital.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet. The hotel is close to the interstate, but not so close that you hear all of...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regardng our staff and hotel. We take pride when it comes to taking care of our guests! The renovation will be complete by 07/31/12 and it will be beautiful! I am so sorry you missed breakfast. We do have an alternate location in the hotel for the full Hampton Hot breakfast. I look forward to your next visit to Memphis! Feel free to give us a call for reservations @ 901-747-3700. Respectfully, General Manager
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stay at alot of hotels, primarily Hilton properties. This was an average Hampton Inn falling right in line with the Hampton Inn standards. This hotel did not provide some of the frills that other Hampton Inns do for Honors members but, whatever. When I checked into the hotel they told me even thought I had a reservation that they had oversold the King room I had reserved. However they made it up and gave me a discount for a Queen double bed room. The rooms here do not have refrigerators and microwaves like other HI's. At the time of my stay the hotel was doing some major renovation, but the contractor was doing a good job of cleaning up after himself so there was not much impact. I rated this hotel average since it's an average HI. Cleanliness was not exceptional but it was fine.

Room Tip: If you are coming to Memphis this is area is one of the of the few places you can stay, where you wo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have stayed here a lot, and I think the prices are a little cheaper than other Hampton Inns - especially on the weekends when people aren't in the hospital as much. The breakfast is very good. We were right beside the ice machine last time which was very noisy. I have stayed here lots of time with my parents, and the hotel provides a shuttle to the hospital.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rising Fawn, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This property was very nice and clean. The breakfast was good as well. We did have a problem with the beds. We requested a room with 2 queens, but the beds seemed small. I don't think they were queen size. The mattress was not up to the usual standards either. Our room may have been different from the others on the property, but the beds were not what we were expecting.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Stayed while on a power drive from Ohio to Louisiana. Called from 2 hours out to check rates and availability. Was given the rate and told not to worry about availability that they had plenty of rooms unoccupied, Check in was a breeze, breakfast was good, room was clean and check out smooth. May need to make another power trip and I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East? Share your experiences!