“Awesome Stay, Slightly Thin Walls Can Be Looked Over.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Primacy Parkway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1236 Primacy Pkwy, Memphis, TN 38119   |
Ranked #37 of 134 Hotels in Memphis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome Stay, Slightly Thin Walls Can Be Looked Over.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I came to Memphis for a short weekend trip and was bummed I couldn't get a hotel in downtown.. .well WHO CARES! This La Quinta is WONDERFUL. Although I have had subpar experiences at other LQs I will always return to this one. It's relatively new. It's conveniently located to the hwy which will get you down to Memphis in 15-20 mins. It's a bummer it's not within walking distance to good restaurants. Staff is excellent, super attentive and accommodating. Our room was huge, things were new and clean. The walls are a bit thin.. which is the only reason I am giving it a 4. So I could hear the people and cleaning staff who would get up earlier and/or come home late. Overall AWESOME stay! Can't wait to be back in May!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I were in town for the Germantown Marathon, this hotel was in a perfect location. Not only is it a safe, clean area but surrounded by plenty of good restaurants and shops. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are wonderful, and the hotel is pet friendly. Our larger pooches enjoy staying at LaQ, too! The staff was very accommodating to us runners in the hotel, they had breakfast items available before the typical Sunday, 7 AM timeframe. It's also only a 10-15 minute drive to Beale Street. We will always stay when visiting the area, nice hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

seneca falls, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

When we pulled up we thought this hotel was very pretty and expected a great stay. The lobby was beautiful. But us and another couple waited 20 minutes for the lady to come out of the back area to check us in and she was very aloof. The room are pretty blah and have a bit of a 70's feel with all the orange. On the way up the elevator stunk of weed and there was a couple making out and completely drunk.

The tub was set up so no matter what we did they floor flooded. The paint was bubbling and peeling on the walls and their was cracks and mold on the tub. My husband who is a tower engineer for a hotel was going nuts wanting to fix everything.

The beds were just ok but the floor even in Memphis was so ice cold it actually hurt my bad knee. Yet if we turned up the heat it mad us swelter in the room.

I don't think I will stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location close to the hospital. The staff heard I was having surgery so they went out and bought flowers & a card. Everyone was so nice and my room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The rooms are nice but not was expecting a sleeper sofa. Two of the kids had to sleep on the floor. The service is horrible. It was almost 4pm by the time we returned and they still hadn't cleaned our room. When I called the front desk for fresh towels the person was rude. He acted like I was a problem because I asked for clean towels. I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
Central Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had a canceled flight and needed a hotel to stay at so i called the La Quinta Inn on Primacy Parkway and they had rooms available. The decore was nice, the bed was surprisingly comfortable, and the layout of the room was nice as well. Felt more like a studio apartment then a hotel room.

It's located near several restaurants and close to 240 so it was easy access to get to the airport. I will stay here again for a longer stay and check out the other amenities like their breakfast!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Primacy Parkway? Share your experiences!