“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 134 hotels in Memphis
Middleton, Tennessee
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

First, this hotel was a bit difficult to find off the highway. The rain, accidents, and screaming police cars didn't help though. It was New Years eve and busy going on everywhere.

Once at the hotel it was fine. Service was pleasant and the nice ride up 6 floors not so. We were on the smoking floor and were surprised that it didn't smell bad when exit the elevator. The room was well kept and seemed clean enough but sparse of the little things.

The little things being eatery menu/information, hotel information, local stuff and the like. Other than that everything was great at this location.

The bed was awesome as usual! We will stay here again if and when needed for a stay in Memphis.

Room Tip: The place as a whole is in a very quiet area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Carroll, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Checked into the hotel service was just fine! We walked into our room and there was a rubberband on the floor along with a couple of pieces of paper and looked behind the bathroom door and there was hair~ Ok fine not a HUGE deal! We had an 11 hour drive so my husband and I were very tired we got ready for bed! My husband then got out of bed (his side of the bed was close to the wall) to use the restroom he about stepped in vomit... DRIED CRUSTED UP VOMIT! It had to of been there for over a week! We were tired we went to bed talked to the front desk staff in the morning and we changed rooms to a room full of ANTS~ The general manager gave us a $75 dicount from our total bill when in reality we should not have paid for any part of our stay! SO DO NOT STAY AT THE LA QUINTA INN IN MEMPHIS, TN

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located in a very nice suburb area of town. Parking is plentiful and there is a panera located nearby. The hotel clerk got us checked in right away. The hotel was quiet, clean, modern, and comfortable. It's not fancy but we would definitely stay again especially with a pet as there are no pet restrictions.

• Stayed December 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel staff was very attentive and courteous. The facility was well lit and clean. I have a pet and it was very comforting that the outside area were well lit and that a security officer regularly patrolled the facility. The carpet in the room could have been a little cleaner but overall and excellant stay and value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Spring Hill, Tennessee, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have been seeing fabulous things about La Quinta and the updates that they have been making to their hotels; however, after my stay I very, very, highly doubt that I will be returning to ever stay at La Quinta again unless there is no other option available. The front desk staff was friendly upon my arrival, but it stopped there. Two hours before my check out time, and then fifteen minutes before my checkout time (and I had a do not disturb notice on my door) I had housekeeping attempting to enter my room. The first time someone apologized, but the second time they remained at my door while I continued to gather my things. As far as the appearance of the hotel, the lobby was attractive, but the room was very cheaply and sparsely updated. The counter in the bathroom was stained with something red, there was trash under/around the bed, the bed itself felt very lumpy and was so dipped in the middle that you ended up there regardless of how many times you tried to move. The room appeared as though the only updates that it had was hanging more updated wall art on the room and a coat of paint. For the cost of the room I could have gone to DoubleTree or another type hotel, but believed that due to all of the recent rennovations and updates La Quinta would be a good choice due to the location. If you have other options, I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

An excellent value and very good hotel. Staff was very helpful and friendly and the location was close to shopping. The grounds are excellent and the parking areas are well lighted. The free breakfast is quite good and opened early. I will always stay at this hotel when I visit Memphis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveling with soccer team, I keep my expectations low for hotels. But I expect the basics to be right. The La Quinta Primacy Parkway doesn't have the basics right--housekeeping was below average. There was dirt all along the edge of the bathroom floor and on the mirror. The hallways, especially the stairwells, looked as if they hadn't been vacuumed in days. Also, the first morning there a busload or two of senior citizens cleaned out the breakfast buffet before our team got there, and instead of hustling to replenish, they took so long that they were forced to go find breakfast elsewhere. In general the staff seemed to be very unconcerned about providing guest service that would make me want to come back or to even stay at another La Quinta.

Room Tip: They do allow pets and have a smoking floor. So if you have allergies, be sure to request a room awa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Primacy Parkway? Share your experiences!