“Booked one night, stayed for two!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Invergarry Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Invergarry Hotel to your Saves list
Invergarry Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Inverness-shire | Scottish Highlands, Invergarry PH35 4HJ , Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Invergarry
Certificate of Excellence 2014
NW UK
“Booked one night, stayed for two!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

An excellent small hotel. Very comfortable, spotlessly clean, with cosy log fires in the lounge and bar. The dinner on both nights was delicious. Beautifully presented and cooked. The dinner, bed and breakfast rate gives you excellent value. It was so good we stayed twice as long as we planned. We hope to be back next year.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Cockney in Wrexham, North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a fantastic 3 night stay here as part of a driving holiday. We had great welcome and felt right at home here.
The rooms were clean, bright and very well presented.
The room we stayed in was great and the bathroom was really well appointed.
We ate twice here in the evening and the food and the service was great. The staff were really attentive.
The breakfasts were great too. The black pudding was rellay nice too.
We will be going back again to stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was up north for a climbing trip and this hotel was about the nearest decent accommodation to where I was heading in Loch Quoich.
The hotel has a wonderful location and is very welcoming indeed, the chef presents superb meals and the staff are very friendly too! My room was more than adequate and spotlessly clean and my visit to the bar and restaurant was most enjoyable. There was real ale that was outstanding, a good selection of wines and above all a wonderful selection of superb single malts ranging in price from about £5 per tot, right up to £100 each! Needless to say, a couple were sampled from the lower price range!
The food was all home sourced and cooked and there was plenty of it! Breakfast was brilliant too and I left in well-prepared condition for my day's climbing!
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Avoid smaller rooms on top floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We dined here April '15 (Easter week) as it was walking distance from where we were staying. On duty was a sweet local girl together with an Aussie girl. Sadly the latter really needs some tips on how to serve; firstly poured ALL the tonic in my gin & when she bought the wine, the bottle was plonked on the table still sealed. We were left to unscrew, open & pour the wine ourselves. That might seem petty but not what we expected.

The food was erratic in quality. I chose really well (black pudding to start followed by venison). One daughter chose the spicy Chicken burger which was so Soooo hot & covered in paprika it was inedible. Our other daughter had the regular burger which was average at best (both came though with a huge portion of wedges). My husband ordered the steak which again was disappointing to average. All in all we were very disappointed. On the Friday we ate at the other local, The Invergarry Castle & that was MUCH better.

Stayed April 2015
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While driving up to the Isle of Skye we decided to stop here for some lunch. I ordered Haggis, neeps and tatties something that you would think in Scotland you couldn't get wrong, How wrong was I. The food had so much salt on it, it was barely edible. I am not the type of person to send food back but on this occasion I wish I had. This is one place that we will not be stopping for lunch again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived a wee bit early for check in and were warmly welcomed by Sarah and her huge smile. She explained our room wasn't ready as a full strip was being done....ha, ha some welcome my fiance thought and his eyes lit up.

She said we could go through to the brasserie for a coffee and she would find us when the room was ready.

When we saw the selection of beer on offer however, coffee was the last thing on our mind. On asking the barmaid what the Gary Ale was like she asked us if we would like a taste. Well that's an offer you very rarely get and we of course had to say yes and needless to say a pint was bought.

We then went through to the snug where Sarah appeared and continued to light the fire for us - how cosy were we there comfy couch, loads of cushions, roaring fire and a pint in our hands.

Sarah took time out to chat to us and explained her partner was the chef and he was so good she had a wardrobe full of lovely clothes but none that fitted her any more.

She recommend the venison nelson which she called a posh pasty but if her partner heard her call it that I'm sure he would have her in a full nelson!

Sarah then showed us to our room no. 11 which was one of the standard, slightly smaller rooms but we found it fine for our 1 night stay. Both bedroom and bathroom were spotless and there was a good supply of tea and coffee. The added bonus is that you can lie in bed and still see the brilliant view out onto the hillside.

On going down for dinner one of the venison nelsons had to be tried after Sarah's recommendation and my fiance said it was delicious, I had the spicy chicken burger which was excellent. The food is slightly more expensive but well worth it as it's all home made and the ingredients are sourced locally. Even the rolls to go with the soup are delicious and home made. After having eaten there we can now see why Sarah's clothes no longer fit her!

Next day and down for breakfast we went, after having a great nights sleep. Fantastic choices for breakfast including smoked fish, waffles, salmon etc. but we decided on the full Scottish breakfast and were not disappointed. Again good quality sausages, bacon, and Stornoway black pudding (for those that don't know about black pudding in my opinion this is the best one).

The jam and marmalade on the table were both home made and the strawberry jam was the best I've ever tasted (apart from my grannies of course). It was that good I asked if I could buy a wee pot to take home with me but was told it was made in a big pan and it wasn't possible. To my surprise however, I got a wee present before leaving the breakfast room which I was so chuffed about.

This is a laid back beautifully presented hotel and it doesn't take you very long to feel right at home. All of the staff that we had contact with all had smiles on their faces and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The chef that they have is fantastic and even if you're not staying overnight you can pop in for something to eat but it's well worth booking a table as they get busy. Don't be put off by its formal appearance from the outside as they're happy to welcome you in you're walking clothes.

My only tip is that if you're tall or staying at the hotel for more than a couple of nights to pay the extra for one of the larger rooms on the first floor as you might find it has a bit more headroom.

We'll definitely be back for another stay after our great stay on the 4/4/2015.

Cheryl & Keith

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at a bed and breakfast up the road and ate at the hotel twice. On both occasions the staff were friendly and relaxed, not minding that we arrived in our walking clothes having just come down off of a mountain.
There was a lovely log fire to warm ourselves next to and a good selection of food. On the first visit we had the burgers, they were very good quality and plentiful which was perfect after a long trek in the snow.
The second time we tried the venison and the pork, I would describe the food as modern and well presented. It all tasted amazing and the banoffee pie was absolutely divine.
We would definitely recommend this gem of a find. It was not cheap but you get the quality that you pay for.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Invergarry Hotel? Share your experiences!