“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Invergarry
chicago, illinois
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent one evening at the Invergarry Hotel but we wish we could have stayed more! As a stop over point for our drive from Edinburgh to Isle of Skye we happened upon this fantastic old coach stop/hunting lodge. The Master bedroom is very large and just as comfortable as the hotel itself. Great pub with above average meals (my wife still talks about the venison dish she had) and good selection of beers and whiskies. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Service was just as solid.
We highly recommend anyone making a trip thru the loch region to dedicate a evening at the Invergarry Hotel....or just stop for lunch, it is well worth the trip!

Room Tip: Master bedroom is large. Even though it faces the road, traffic noise was not noticeable. We slept w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews on Tripadvisor, and were not disappointed. We were looking for somewhere family friendly to stay fairly near Loch Ness (my 9 year old son wanted to fo monster hunting!). This hotel has a family suite consisting of 2 bedrooms linked via a short corridor, with a bathroom shared by both rooms. Ideal for us, and would thoroughly recommend it for any family with 2 children. It is in an ideal position for exploring as it is on the juction between the Fort william to Inverness road, and the Skye road. There are some lovely local walks to the Loch nearby and in the woods.
One of the best things about this place is the food. The breakfast menu is one of the best and most varied I have seen, and all freshly cooked. Smoked haddock with a poached egg was my highlight. There is a brasserie open to the public for lunch and evening meals and that too is wonderful, with a great childrens menu too. All the food we had was excellent, and served really hot and fresh.
The whole atmosphere of the place was lovely and homely and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The views were lovely too when weather allowed!
I simply cannot understand how anyone could say anything negative about this place it is fantastic and I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wayne, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here on our Great Glen Way journey. You have to go a bit off the main GGW route to get here but it is worth it. The reception staff was fantastic and very helpful. The room was beautiful and had a great bathroom/shower. Lovely views over the river. Lunch at the bar was very good as was the breakfast. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: The Master Room is beautiful and has views to the river. It is facing the road, but is pretty quiet...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'd definitely recommend a stay here and please treat the poor/bad reviews with caution - look at the overall reviews for the place - it says it all. I had a really pleasant stay here whilst walking the Great Glen. I had booked a single room which over looked the long garden adjacent to the hotel and it was clean, comfortable and cosy. The bathroom has a sloping roof and may bother some very tall folk, but it was absolutely fine for me. The young staff, were all very friendly, chatty and welcoming and were a real delight. These were young people working very hard and seemed in the main to be enjoying their jobs - yes, some were eastern European - and the problem with that is....? but others were from other countries, including Hull - well I never!. My welcome at reception (less than a minute wait!) was warm and friendly and this seemed to be the template for my stay. The food was really good, as was the breakfast and just re-reading my notes, I see that I had 'onion rings the size of tractor tires!' This was a relative bargain as I paid less than I did for a B&B and didn't have to walk to a bar! I would definitely recommend a stay here and would have no hesitation in booking a stay there again and Fiona would be so impressed!! If you need anything from a shop there is a little garage around the corner selling bits and bobs, but the staff are helpful and would advise you too. After a miserable an wet days walking, this was such a welcome relief and a perfect end to the day and as far as I'm concerned, the Invergarry Hotel is the sort of place that all long distance walks should have as a compulsory stop!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Llandeilo, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I paid £140 a night for this 4* hotel. We had to wait 10 minutes in reception to book in after finding the only member of staff serving in the bar. The room was nice but there were none of the little niceties you expect for a 4*. No water, no biscuits, no sky tv, only a shower, no internet access in room. It was also freezing cold. All the staff were foreign with only okay English. The service in the restaurant was poor although the food okay. The walls also very thin and could hear everything from the next rooms bathroom. We were staying 2 nights and decided to cancel our second night but weren't able to and there was no senior staff member there during our stay to discuss any issues with. The hotel isn't terrible but is certainly run as cheaply as possible and should not be 4*. A total disappointment when looking forward to a little luxury.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the river views - this is a roadside hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
invergarryhotel, Owner at Invergarry Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Very occasionally as a Hotel Owner you get a person who walks through the door that does one of two things to you :
1. You turn into Basil Fawlty and stand behind them with a hand grenade, dancing around like John Cleese
or
2. You rise above it, accept that they must be so unhappy that they bring their misery into your Hotel for a visit and try and ignore it, because no matter what you do - they are going to be unhappy

Usually its about one a year

You were our 2013 one................

On this occasion I was very aware of your every criticism and miserable comment however chose not to re-act as I could see you were irreversible and there was no way to win so I refuse to let you bring me to your level. You managed to ruin most of my staff's days for the two nights that you were here - but trust me, they are heads held high above that sort of treatment and focus on the other customers that we have that seem to be here for a holiday or a break and to enjoy life.

I will let the reader look at all of our reviews and visitors comments and let them decide for themselves.

In the mean time I take delight only in one thing ............. we will not see you again and our customers will not have to endure listening to you

Always look on the Bright Side of Life ! . .dee dum ....dee dum......dee dum dee dum dee dum !
New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Skye. Nice old hotel with history as a hunting lodge, was a bit of a maze to get to the rooms on the top floor. Room was small but clean and tidy. Good food - had dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very comfortable and cosy hotel. Such a lovely friendly welcome that we felt right at home from the start. Superb little restaurant and excellent breakfast. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Superb location for walkers. So I would definately recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Invergarry Hotel? Share your experiences!