“Idyllic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Invergarry
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Idyllic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at The Invergarry Hotel for three nights and had a brilliant time.All the staff were exceptionally welcoming . As it was a drive to any restaurants we dined at the hotel and the food and service was excellent. Overall a relxing break and would go back.

Room Tip: When booking I would recommend you choose a classic or superior room as the standard rooms are quit...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We would stay at this hotel again. The staff were delightful and very helpful. The room was well-appointed and comfortable and we appreciated tea on arrival. The food in the restaurant was very good as was the breakfast the next morning.

Room Tip: Make sure you book as the hotel filled up very quickly in the evening.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We spent considerable time deliberating over where to stay in the area, as there appears to be are a number of good hotels. However, we opted for Invergarry and we were not disappointed. The staff were incredibly obliging, nothing was too much trouble and every request was greeted with a smile. They even let us dry off our wet walking gear in the boiler room. The bedroom was well appointed and spotless; the resident's lounge very cosy with a fabulous log fire and comfortable seating. The restaurant food was really well cooked and there was plenty of variety. The breakfast was excellent, a wide choice to cater for many different tastes. We will certainly return.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on having set out from Pitlochry early in the morning. We drove to Inverness and then did all the sites down the west side of Loch Ness, Urqhart castle, Loch Ness exhibition, Fort Augustus etc. We stopped for dinner in the nice restaurant there as it was too late to continue to the Isle of Skye as we had intended. The lady on reception was very welcoming however the bar and restaurant staff could have been friendlier. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are new. In the close vicinity are beautiful river walks and people are welcome to walk in the grounds of Glengarry Castle which is worth doing. Overall we had a pleasant stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrive to a warm welcome, log fires and a luxury room. The restaurant food of a very high standard and the menu and wine list cater for everyone. My husband and I enjoyed a one night stay while traveling Scotland and arrived without pre-booking late evening. Nothing was a problem and the staff made us feel at home. The hotel is clean, warm and friendly we would have loved to stay longer and plan to return. Room 2 has beautiful views, soft towels and a bed so comfy to sleep in we almost missed the traditional Scottish breakfast. Well worth an excellent!

edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

One of our favourite places to stay in the Highlands. Well furnished and very comfortable bedrooms. Exceptionably friendly staff.

The bar serves a few real ales and the food is excellent.

We often head out hillwalking before breakfast, but when at Invergarry we stay and enjoy the waffles.

Wish there were a few more Invergarrys around Scotland. We'll certainly keep going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stopped for a coffee en-route to Inverness around 11 am, and was met with a very abrupt and rude 'welcome' which felt like; 'what do you want disturbing us at this time of day?'

We were pointed towards the bar where my Italian travelling partner felt a lack of patience from the barmaid, who forced her into a choice before I arrived, without leaving her time to decide on her own.

We sat down and waited far too long for 2 capuccinos (one of which was already prepared when I entered). I found the breakfast menu quite expensive so we decided to pass on that. The coffee was reasonably good.

When we went to pay, we were informed that as the bill was under £10 I would be charged an extra £1. I said this should be written up somewhere, whereupon the barmaid pointed out a tiny printed scrap of paper sellotaped behind the bar in a small font, which not many people would have been able to notice. When I said if the notice is so small she should have informed us, she said STROPPILY that she didn't know that I was going to pay by card...

As I work in hospitality I know that one gets tired at the end of a busy season, but I manage to be polite and accommodating with all my guests despite this.

The Hotel should review its staff, because I stopped for a coffee, but who knows if I wanted to stay for the night; or for longer. That barmaid should have been mor polite and understanding when explaining herself.

With that attitude from the staff, the Hotel is going to lose custom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
invergarryhotel, Owner at Invergarry Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Rolling my eyes !

I actually witnessed the way you spoke to my staff member and I'd say your review is just a "tad" distorted.The waitress you have referred to is one of the most placid and lovely people here and is fantastic with dealing with people.

I think anyone reading this review will have to balance your one page essay about 2 coffees versus 138 outstanding reviews about lovely staff and the fact that you like boasting that your from "in the trade"

I wonder which I would believe ?

Really ............. This is the Highlands........... your supposed to be on holiday and relaxed...................

Been to Invergarry Hotel? Share your experiences!