“A hotel with good food and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Invergarry
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant attached to a hotel
*Kyle
“A hotel with good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We only used the restaurant at this hotel as we were traveling home. The welcome and service was friendly and good. The food was also good, and well presented. The venison that I had was particularly good, and the only thing that would have made the meal even better was if there had been some form of green vegetable, in addition to the potato and whole baked red onion that accompanied the meal. The meals are not inexpensive, and the quality and service probably justifies the prices charged. Drinks, as always, seem to be the place where the hotel really makes it profit, as the prices for some drinks, in particular, are a bit too expensive.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“great food and cosy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went as groupt of 3 for an evening meal. Menu was good and the staff were friendly. We hadnt booked atable but were able to just walk in. Steak was particularly good and they didnt mind us asking for two spoons for one dessert!

Visited June 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“A modernised Ploughman's Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I enjoyed my Ploughman's lunch very much, although the French brie was a modernised version of a British cheese. Friendly staff. I cannot say anything about prices as I was invited and did not have a look at the menu,

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
london
“Good meal in Brasserie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Local food well prepared and cooked. Good choice. Nice wine list.
Good service. Local people also dining there.

Visited June 2013
Manchester
“A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

There is a lot to be said for The Highlands of Scotland - not so much for some of its accommodation. When we decided to do a touring holiday in the car, I said I wasn't expecting much from the accommodation; as long as it was clean I said - I was lying to myself! Some of the places we stayed in were grim and overpriced. The most memorable element of the holiday is undoubtably the stunningly beautiful scenery AND this gem of a hotel! As we cut our holiday short by one day due to very bad weather we chanced upon the hotel on our way home to find they had a double room vacant. The receptionist must have thought I was a nutter as I asked if I could see the room and then practically collapsed with ecstasy at the sight of it! Imust say she handled my outburst with the height of diplomacy...Tastefully decorated, good-sized room a contemporary bathroom and at a very reasonable price for the standard of the room. We ate in the hotel restaurant; the menu was imaginative and well executed. We were delighted that the holiday ended on a high note (accommodation-ally speaking). Do yourself a favour and go.

• Visited June 2013