“Fine” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Wigtown B&B and Inns
Londres
“Fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were met by Stephanie who was very helpful and welcoming. We had a family room which was spacious enough with tv, dvd, kettle and so on. The bathroom was pretty tired, but clean and tidy none the less. Glaisnock itself is a very quiet town although that might be different when the book festival is on. There was very little choice in the town for eating out in the evening and unless you don't mind a drive, eat at the guest house. (We went to the Najem Balti in Newton Stewart, not bad!)
Overall it was fine. We wanted to break up our journey with an overnighter. It was a quiet town but its a beautiful area and Stephanie was very nice and the breakfast in the morning was enormous and the coffee excellent.
I doub't I will go back to Glaisnock, but if I had to, I would be perfectly happy to stay at the Glaisnock Guest House.

Room Tip: If you need to go to Glaisnock town, this place is quite fine
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The first time I stayed at the B&B was with my husband. We were warmly greeted by one of the owners, Carl, who kindly carried our luggage to our room.
We stayed in a double room with en-suite, it was excellent, and it had everything we needed, but we were told if we needed anything, just to ask.

We were told where the café was for our breakfast & the wide variety of options – a great choice of food.

Our stay was delightful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I only had a short stay BUT the B&B/cafe was clean, owners/staff were friendly & helpful - you are treated like an old friend :0) The food was beautiful - you can't beat homemade meals!! Good value for money.
A lovely little town, beautiful on a sunny day! Would definetly go back again!

• Stayed May 2013
Ballarat
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was greeted with a warm friendly welcome after riding 4hrs to get to Wigtown. The owner made me feel relaxed and welcomed. A great first impression.
My room was amazing. Much better than what I was expecting. I have stayed in 4 star hotel rooms that weren't as nice as this. The bed was super comfortable and I didn't want to get out of it in the morning.
The owner is an amazing cook who was willing to cater to any of my requests.
I had some spare time to fill and was offered plenty of suggestions of sights and things to see and do.
I will be coming back to this little gem. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at this guesthouse in October 2012. It’s great value and the service was extremely friendly. Breakfast was great and the room was very comfortable, though the ensuite was a little cramped. However, for the price one couldn’t complain. If you’re staying in this area we recommend this guesthouse

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

A lovely little town, beautiful on a sunny day! Would definetly go back again!

• Stayed May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I ventured into Wigtown from Glasgow after years of thinking about visiting our book town. I decided on Glaisnock Cafe for Lunch. Greeted by the very likeable owner Stephanie, quite busy atmosphere but still friendly and enjoyable. I was invited to try the 'new' cosy cafe room. Great comfortable seating. I opted for homemade soup and sandwich of the day. The soup Brocolli and Stilton was mouth watering and really warming. Overall lovely experience, made me decide to book a weekend later int he year to enjoy the bookshops in full. I was very unrushed in a nice clean environment, homemade food that was worth driving for and not expensive. I look forward to staying in your B&B later this year and meeting your family.

Room Tip: I viewed rooms ready for trip in August, rooms on front have a lovely view of the town square/garden...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Glaisnock House? Share your experiences!