“Indian Delights..” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Indian Delights..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Well last Saturday I ordered my carry out..Four different curries..Each one was perfect from the Chasni to the Korai..Very authentic..I make my own basmati rice and Naan and Paratha at home..There was enough food to keep the three of us going for two nights..Now to answer the question,why is this restaurant not as busy as it should be..I've no idea..In my home town of Glasgow, Indian restaurants are usually packed on the weekends but in my opinion,Stranraer has never taken off to Indian cuisine..Those who have never been for a true Indian curry don't know what there missing..My In laws prefer a Chinese curry with chips ( Whits all that about ) ..I'll be back for my Hogmanay carry out in a few weeks time, and I hope others will try it out. Go ahead and try a Indian curry..You won't be disappointed..

• Visited December 2013

72% Recommend
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Deserves to be busier”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a pretty good little Indian with a lot going for it, but was practically empty when I dined there which detracted from the meal. Great value food. Naan outstanding and obviously freshly made to order. Everything ordered was well-spiced and extremely tasty.

• Visited September 2013
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Excellent bargain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I missed getting any Black Friday deals in Asda, but I got the bargain in of the week in Stranraer, without having to que on being trampled in the crowds. At £9.95 for a starter, main course and naan bread, I exceptionally surprised with the quality of the food, the attentive service from staff, well done to the Taj staff we will be back soon!
Book your tables soon to enjoy this wonderful place.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Kirriemuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Couldn't Fault Anythying.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our first, and so far only, visit to the Taj Mahal was on a quiet Monday night in Stranraer. The omens weren't good as we were the only customers there. However, the whole experience was excellent. The two staff were welcoming, polite, helpful and friendly without being overly familiar. An excellent choice of food on the menu. Our meals were served promptly, the portions were generous and the food itself was excellent. The final bill was so modest that my first thought was that they had forgotten to include the bottle of wine! I can only assume that the place has improved a lot since some earlier reviews. If our experience was typical, they do deserve to succeed, and we will certainly be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancashire
“Good takeaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Tried Taj Mahal for a takeaway whilst staying near Stranraer.
Tasty. Reasonably priced. Friendly service.
Would return.