“Satisfying” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 29 Stranraer B&B and Inns
falkirk, United Kingdom
“Satisfying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I went here with my family and found it rather lovely. I had the lasagna and it was delicious. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere is very calming, I will certainly return in the near future. I myself have never stayed in the hotel.

Restaurant definitely recommended!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stranraer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My wife and i went for a meal (we took the friday night special) . We did not expect such good portions! The food and service was first class. This is the best meal that that we have had in the local area. We will cetainly be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Why stay in Stranraer when this little gem of a hotel is only 10 miles away in a much nicer location. Located opposite a stunning beach and on the main street of the lovely village of Sandhead, I was very happy with this as my choice of accommodation for a weekend stay. I had opted to stay in the "cabin" located at the rear of the car park and this perfectly formed cosy double was stylishly presented and very comfortable. A perfect "home" for the solo traveller.

During my stay I ate in the hotel restaurant both evenings and thoroughly enjoyed the quality and presentation of the food. The chefs obviously use very good quality local produce and execute it very well. The breakfast grill in particular was delicious and certainly set me up for days of exploring this beautiful part of Scotland. Thanks too must go to the staff for their cheery and efficient service. All in all a very pleasant stay and somewhere I will return to in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent 3 very comfortable nights here in May. Room was nice and clean, bar was excellent and the food in restaurant was very good as per the fact that we ate here all 3 nights. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Blackpool, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here based on trip advisor reviews. The food was nice but over priced - nearly six pound for 2 small chunks of pâté, and 12.50 for 3 pieces of beef, chips and a poor selection of bland, pasty veg. The place wasn't that nice inside either considering the price of things. But as its the only place to eat for miles around I guess they can charge what they want. Staff pushed us to order when we just wanted to enjoy a drink (cheapest bottle of wine was 14.95) and then sat the three tables so we were nearly sitting on each others knees in a huge restaurant. When we left there were no staff to be seen but you could hear them all chatting in the back. Would go back and request a refund if we were anywhere near by :-(

• Stayed May 2013
Powfoot, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband & I had a lovely meal the service was excellent and the food was mouth watering
I had the crab & Ginger spring roll for my starter the main course I had the sword fish with scallops in a chive & cream sauce it was superb my husband had black pudding & egg to start
& to follow fish & chips it was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great value and have stayed in this place before. Staff and food great. this is by far the best place in Sandhead by miles. This hotel takes the time to listen to your requirements and makes all efforts to ensure that you are happy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tigh Na Mara Hotel? Share your experiences!