“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harbour House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portpatrick
Harbour House Hotel
You added Harbour House Hotel to your Saves list
Harbour Square, Portpatrick DG9 8JW, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Portpatrick B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I decided to go a day trip just me & my 6mth old daughter & packed an overnight bag just incase. We arrived in portpatrick & booked into this hotel, staff were so kindly, friendly & helpful. The room was absolutely immaculate, spacious, well decorated & modern. We were in a family room & the view was amazing. I will certainly be returning again soon & really recommend this. Only thing is I wldnt recommend it for anyone with trouble with stairs, ie prams wheelchairs. Wasn't an issue to me I got parking outside & put my daughters pram in the car! Great stay

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ayr, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

portpatrick is a magical place to visit. once you've been here you'll see what I mean. the harbour house hotel is right in the center facing the sea. £100 per couple sharing a double room bed and breakfast is a bit on the pricey side. staff are very friendly if a bit disorganised. we also had dinner in the conservatory restaurant but had to place order for food at the bar . would not eat here again as meals were sub standard and tasteless. we have stayed at the Crown Hotel next door before and they are first class . The crown has excellent staff , entertainment and food. would not recommend the harbour house hotel as a first choice, but ok as a place to lay your head if the crown is fully booked. but eat at the crown!

• Stayed July 2014
Kilmarnock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have been misled by earlier reviews . I dined tonight with my wife expecting excellent food and service. The food was OK , steak for me and chicken curry for my wife. The customer service was nearly non-existent and practically self-service which was not expected and then they get the bill wrong charging an extra £3.00 for a wine we didn't have. Will not be back - ever!

Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had a fantastic overnight stay at The Harbour House Hotel. Our room was nicely decorated, extremely clean, modern & comfortable - with a fantastic view of the harbour. The purpose of our visit was to relax, unwind & escape from the hustle & bustle of life for a wee while..... Needless to say I am now totally in love with Portpatrick!! Thank you :))

Stayed July 2014
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Called in today twice. First time for coffee which was lovely and very reasonably priced served with shortbread and then returned later for lunch. Food and service was excellent served by very pleasant staff. Will certainly return next time in the area..

Stranraer, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I stopped off here yesterday for a late lunch/early tea... we both had the Fish and Chips with mushy peas. I thought that the portion size was small for the cost of the meal.

Only fault I can find with the establishment, was a great view over the Irish sea from the conservatory...

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We checked in for the evening for b&b after a round of golf at dusky the room was fine and had a good bathroom shower area the breakfast in the morning had a good selection and service was prompt and friendly
There was parking out front and was handy for the towns amenities

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Harbour House Hotel? Share your experiences!