Through Stranraer and down a long winding road to Knockinaam, sitting in a broad lawn, with private beach, and hemmed in by cliffs. A warm welcome at reception, and a nicely decorated room with large bathroom in the country house style. Then a trip into the comfortable lounge, complete with log fire, tea , coffee and excellent shortbread.
Dinner was first class, from the little cod balls to accompany drinks, to the Luce Bay sea bass , with a super beef dish, followed by Passion Fruit souffle and sorbet. Extensive wine list, if a little pricey.
Outstanding breakfast, followed off by a tour round the garden , and taking the air on the beach.
A really relaxing stop, and one to be repeated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Knockinaam Lodge is an extended Victorian house set in an idyllic cove with its own pebble beach surrounded by 30 acres of delightful grounds and was the location for a meeting between Churchill and General Eisenhower in World War II. Today, a warm welcome is assured from the proprietors and their committed team, and much emphasis is placed on providing a sophisticated but intimate home-from-home experience. There are just ten individually designed suites and our award wining restaurant provides a daily-changing four-course set menu which showcases the best local produce available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Knockinaam Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knockinaam Hotel Portpatrick
- Knockinaam Lodge Portpatrick, Scotland