“Good value hotel in lovely location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

You added Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel to your Saves list
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ferry Road, Rhu, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Helensburgh G84 8NF, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Sussex
“Good value hotel in lovely location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a wedding on 17th August in a family room (22). Room was well presented with modern bathroom finished to a high standard with great shower. Children also had their own adjoining bedroom which was good. Only down point was a disappointing breakfast - no choice of eggs and the fried eggs were too hard in the middle as they has been left too long. Great value hotel though, so don't let that put you off! Good views over the water from the patio as well.

• Stayed August 2013
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Rosslea hall on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that overall your experience was a positive one but I am equally disappointed about the negative aspects, please accept my apologies. Breakfast -- Breakfast --- Breakfast, this can be quite a difficult time to get it perfect, the morning after a wedding tends to be the big test as almost all guests arrive at the same time and to avoid lengthy delays in waiting for a plated breakfast, which is our standard we put on a buffet service. The buffet style has its drawbacks and you quite clearly identified one of them. I have taken this up with the Chef and F/B team to resolve and I'm sure they will.

Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a great example for all hotels to follow for customer service the standard was set here to a high level.
The rooms were very good and the food was amazing no matter what you order the standard was fantastic.
It would be impossible to single out any individual here from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave from the whole team.
We will without doubt use this hotel when in the area again and would highly recommend to others.
Well done Rosslea team and thank you all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for posting this super review on tripadvisor, it gives me great pleasure to read comments like this and very proud that we have made a good impression on you. I am delighted that you felt the service was good quite simply because that is exactly what we are trying to achieve.
Please be assured that I will pass your comments onto the team who I'm sure will be equally delighted.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Took my parents here and it was a charming hotel venue. Service was good, the afternoon tea was just lovely and filling. We had the Masquerade x5 and I thought the price was per person but it was for 2, incredibly a most enjoyable afternoon in a pleasant setting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our afternoon teas on Tripadvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience. We launched our traditional afternoon teas approximately a year ago and they are proving to be very popular as they are very good value.

Thanks again for your lovely comments and we hope to welcome you back in the not to distant future.

Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Let's start by saying we were there to give away my daughter so I had rose-tinted spectacles (and perhaps late in the evening 'beer-goggles') on during our 2-night stay. That said though - I find it hard to fault the hotel.

It is a country house right on the Clyde estuary and when the sun comes out, as it did during our stay, it is beautiful. Being a country house also means that the rooms are varying in size and singles are indeed singles, etc.

As you can no doubt guess, we spent some time in the bar and found it very good - a real ambience to the old room. The wedding facilities were up to my daughter's testing demands so full points there too! Food was very good too though I was rather pre-occipied with my speech to get too side-tracked by the food.

Everyone at the function had a great time and this was in no small degree to the attention of the staff - in particular to the manager who guided us and was a constant help throughout the reception. Thank you sir.

All in all - I hope I have a reason or excuse to visit again . . . . . . . . . . in the meantime I need to replenish my wallet!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor, it is with pleasure I read them. I am delighted that we made a good immpression on you. Weddings are becoming a bit of a speciality for Rosslea and we do put a great deal into ensuring that all have a good time. I am so pleased we succeeded. Be assured I will pass your comments onto the team.

Thanks Again
Dont be a stranger and remember to look us up next time you are in the area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here 11th Aug 2013 in room no 9 .The Staff were all polite and attentive, The room let the stay down.On the wall was a large damp patch , the ceiling was sagging , the latch on the bathroom door had come loose , The bed was large but high in the middle due to 2 bed shoved together , there was what looked like a cigarette burn in the bath , the extractor fan in the bathroom did not work.
The window sills had started to come away from the walls..Curtain poles held together with insulating tape and plastic bags.
Then it came to breakfast , service by the staff was good , it was quiet about 12 people , turned over my cup and there inside was a hair , on the underside of the wifes cup was an eye lash ,
So all in all was not a great stay .
Will not be back ....
Oh and I have the photographs to back up this review..

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience on Tripadvisor. At Rosslea we take the opinions of our guest's very seriously indeed and as such welcome feedback, good or bad. It is a great platform for us to put together our staff development plans.

I will not attempt to make any lame excused as to why you had issues but will assure you that all areas of maintenance in room 9 have been rectified, fortunately there were no major points and our maintenance team sorted them out quickly to avoid any other guest being disappointed.

I have also spoken very frankly with my food and beverage team as I am sure you will agree hairs do fall out but the staff need to check and double check that our crockery is in a fit state for our guest service. I am confident that there will be no repeat.

It is a pity that you did not raise any issues at the time whilst in the hotel because we would quite happily have moved you into a more suitable room had we known that you were disappointed. I expect that this visit has clouded your judgement and opinion of Rosslea but I can assure you the vast majority of our visitors do have a positive experience, I would be more than happy should you decide to return and experience the Rosslea in its true light.

Don,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

My son and daughter in-law were married at this hotel on July 21st. The entire event was held at the Rosslea from the ceremony, to the reception, to the party, then guests booked rooms for the night. The entire event was wonderful. The meal and late evening spread were Perfect. A great big "thank you" to Lynn and the staff for the excellent service and support on this special day for our family.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your excellent review. It makes me so proud of the team when I read comments of this nature. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the wedding I do know that the team put a great deal of work in to ensure guest satisfaction. I will make sure I share this review with the team and I am sure Lynn will be very happy to realise that she made such an impact. I use Tripadvisor as a tool to work on develeping the team so welcome reviews good or bad reviews such as your own confirm we are heading in the right direction.

Thanks Again

New York City, New York, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hospitality at Rosslea hall is exceptional. I personally want to thank Zoe for her tireless efforts to make me comfortable. She personally made our abbreviated stay enjoyable. Breakfast in the outdoor garden was a lovely touch before a long journey ahead.

Room Tip: New Beds are a must
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you very much for your nice comments with regards to the service team and Zoe in particular. I am so please that we succeeded on the customer service front.

I do apologise that we were unable to offer you a good nights sleep and can assure you that I am at the moment looking into the bedding situation.

Don

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!