“Overall - very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel

You added Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel to your Saves list
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ferry Road | If Travelling by Car Please Use a Neighbouring Post Code of G84 8RL, Rhu, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Helensburgh G84 8NF, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rhu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Overall - very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Rooms - modern, clean and very comfortable
Bar meals - really good and top value
Breakfast - outstanding. Good quality food, lovely location of restaurant and top, really top, service
Overall service - warm welcome at Reception, but this area not always manned which was sometimes frustrating

• Stayed March 2013
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. The opinion of our guest is paramount to us as we strive towards delivering exceptional service. I will pass your positive comments onto the team which I'm sure they will be delighted to hear. I will also be discussing the cover by reception at the front desk. I expect this to be manned permanently and have let my views on this be known to avoid any re-occurrence.
Thanks Again and we hope to see you return to Rosslea.

Don

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and had a lovely time. The staff in all areas were very friendly and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble which made us feel very welcome. We had a family room which was great as the kids had a separate room off the main bedroom. They had to share a sofa bed which was not ideal but they survived. The main room and bathroom was very comfortable and we had a great nights sleep on our queen sized bed. Whilst the hotel rooms themselves were warm, the rest of the hotel felt very cold all the time. It was possibly the coldest day of the year so maybe the heating was not sufficient for really cold temperatures. The ceremony was in the conservatory, which was beautifully decorated but only heated by three fan heaters. The scots amongst us didn't seem too phased so maybe it's just us softie southerners! The entrance and bar area is in need of a facelift and quite dark, but once past this you gave a friendly and relaxing hotel. Will definitely stay again.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We treat all reviews very seriously indeed and it pleases me a great deal to read reviews such as yours. Im delighted you had a great time and I do take on board your comments re the temperature. We are looking into additional heating for the conservatory. Would you believe we actually have under floor heating in that area and it was on, but the minute the conservatory doors were opened it turned into an ice box. I'm glad that it did not spoil your day. Thanks again for your kind words.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Recently married at this hotel and I cannot thank them enough for all the help we recieved in organising our big day! The whole experience was stress and worry free. We felt that all members of staff where willing to bend over backwards to accomodate our requests (even in bride-zilla moments!) and ensure all our guests had a welcoming and memorable stay! I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a hotel or recieved any form of customer service as astounding as that of the Rosslea Hall Hotel! This was not only the view of my husband and I, but also the view of many of our guests. I would also like to point out that there were a number of young children attending our day and the Rosslea ensured a family friendly day by personally providing entertainment and excitement for the children - including Don (GM) personally operating a snow machine, providing magical memories for all! If this wasnt enough to tick all the family friendly boxes, a couple from our day guests who are parents of 2 young children, were invited back for a complimentary meal purely because the staff had taken the time to notice that these 2 children were not giving their parents peace to enjoy the food! This brings me nicely to the topic of the food which I can only describe as outstanding! Likewise, the bedrooms, cleanliness, service, loacation and value where equally as impressive.

We will certainly not be a stranger to this hotel as all expectations of my big day were exceeded thanks to the help of friendly and accomodating staff. The hospitality at this hotel is overall, unbelievable! I am so happy that in searching for a wedding venue I have found a little diamond in the scenic town of Rhu where I hope to return too year after year! I truly feel that I am unable to give this hotel the credit and justice that they deserve in this review!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Carina and Blair

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I am delighted you had such a great day but to be honest you were a fantastic couple to work with. All the staff at the hotel enjoyed delivering your wedding and your family and friends were such great people to deal with. Im so pleased that we made such an impact on your special day and to note that you will always be friends with us at Rosslea is just great.
Don't be strangers and we all look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later.

Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

One of my dear friends married here yesterday. The hotel was in a beautiful setting and we were glad we stayed the night. We had a sea view room and it was lovely to wake up to in the morning. The room was clean and warm. The food was good and the staff were very friendly.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Im delighted you enjoyed your visit to Rosslea. Reviews good or bad are always welcome as it sets a nice benchmark for us to aim for. It is even more welcome when reviews are like yours. Hope to see you again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

What can I say? Every bride wants their day to go well... All the months of planning, stressing, worrying... And I can tell you, if you want your day to go well then book here! Rosslea is like one huge, warm family looking out for you to make your day special. They go that extra mile and care beyond belief... So much so that they become like family themselves- looking out for you, caring... I can honestly say I have never stayed in a hotel where I have felt so important and looked after. From the wedding co-ordinator (Jennifer Brown) to the bar staff, the reception staff, the managers and not to forget the legendary Don (GM) nothing could be faulted! Even the girls at the end of the night were top-notch!
My family, photographer, friends all commented on what a wonderful, accommodating (Don the photographer said you were amazing!)and beautiful venue the Rosslea was and how amazing the food and bedrooms were. We will be long-time guests and my day honestly was the best of my life. Of course, it was always going to be, marrying my husband but The hotel exceeded my expectations. This is s top Scottish wedding venue and brides, if you want an honest opinion, I will give you it. I know how special you want your day to be... This hotel gives so much value for money that you won't even get in 5 star hotels.
I loved it so much that I don't even think this comment gives it justice. My guests won't stop talking about how fab it is!! Thank you so much!
Mr and Mrs Love

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are to die for!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Natalie and Richard

What can I say!! thank you very much for this fantastic review. It makes me so proud to realise that we made such a lovely couple very happy. We do strive to deliver the best weddings at Rosslea and reviews such as this makes all the work worthwhile. Please don't be strangers we all look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Perth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My partner and I thought we would do a mini road trip. We wanted to stay in a hotel that wouldn't break the bank so found the Rosslea on Booking.com for £55 B&B. Ideal! When we arrived we were very happy with our room and the service at reception was very friendly. Our room was huge with a comfartable bed, TV etc. All very nice and especially for the price. We decided against eating in the restaurant as it just wasn't what we were looking for that evening. We also had a look at the bar menu which served the usual fair. That brings me to my only negative about this hotel. The bar! It was very dissapointing. Not as warm and pleasent as the rest of this lovely country house. There was no atmosphere and the decor and furnishing were rather drab. I hope they spruce it up like the rest of the place. The breakfast in the morning was nice and set us up for the day. I would have preferred a better continental selection though but again for the price we paid it was ample. The restauran where breakfast was is a lovely room and if the bar was more like that we would have stayed in the hotel to eat and drink.

Overall i would recommend this hotel but please spend some money on sprucing up the dreary bar!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Its a shame you didn't experience the food in the hotel as Chef Dunn's menu's are getting exceptional feedback. The garden rooms restaurant ( where breakfast was served ) is a lovely room with great views over the Firth. Our Bar Menu would also have been available in that restaurant for guests not looking for A La Carte. I am sorry you didn't like the Bar, to be fair most guests like the Bar area but I can understand your views when the Bar is quiet it does tend to lack atmosphere. That is something we are looking into.
Thanks again for your comments and I hope we will see you return.

Johnstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just back from an overnight stay at this lovely hotel, staff were friendly and helpful, food was excellent, room was nice and he massive bed was comfortable, overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, will definitely go back and recommend .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to note your positive comments. We try hard to deliver excellent service to all our guests and It certainly keeps the team motivated when they are recognised for delivering good service. Thanks again and don't be a stranger. You will always be more than welcome in Rosslea hall.

Don

Been to Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!