“lovely way to spend an hour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Cultural
Glasgow
“lovely way to spend an hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked an hour's pony trekking for myself, 8year old daughter and husband as a birthday treat, after reading good reviews, and receiving a very quick response to my initial email contact.

My daughter and I have been taking riding lessons for a few months, but only in an enclosed arena, so we were looking forward to riding out of doors. My husband has never ridden before.

My daughter was led as she had been a wee bit nervous about the size of pony she might be given, in relation to the pony she currently rides. We had a short spell in an outdoor arena, which was a good way for the non-riders to get used to being on horseback, before heading out on the trek.

The horses and ponies were all lovely, calm and very easy to handle. The more experienced riders were able to have a canter for a few minutes, and as we waited, one of the staff took photos for us with our camera. Towards the end of the trek we were asked if we wanted to trot, and we did this for a few minutes as we returned to the centre.

The trek was well staffed, and the leader and his colleagues were attentive and helpful. It is only an hour's drive away from home, and wouldn't hesitate to return. But as my husband's first experience on horseback hasn't put him off another attempt, we may try other trekking centres throughout Scotland as we do like to explore.

Visited September 2012

Fareham, United Kingdom
“Segway Trekking - Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Four adults who had never experienced Segways took the plunge!! The tutor was very patient and we had the most amazing time. EXCELLENT value for money.

Visited August 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
8 attraction reviews
“consistently good trekking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have my own horse but needed to take friends horse riding, so after enquiring locally decided to try Castle Rednock. I have taken the same friend 3 times over the past 4 years and found the staff very sensible and the horses very willing. I do tend to be critical of riding establishments and would recommend this one for a trek, for all levels.

Visited September 2011
Scotland
“Great activity centre in beautiful Scotland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

We visited here as a group of girls on a weekend away in the countryside. We did the horse trekking (2 of us ride well whilst the other girl was a total beginner) and we all had a brilliant time.

Also tried the segways which was brilliant! Great fun and definitely something we'd all do again.

Worth a trip if you're in the trossachs area, really knowledgeable and friendly staff too!

Sydney
39 attraction reviews
“Glorious scenery, and great horse riding for beginners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We visited Castle Rednock farm in July, for an hour long pony trek. My boys (9 and 8) had never ridden before, and they were given a leader each, and the opportunity to take the reins once they were comfortable. Towards the end we all even got the chance to trot for a minute or so.

The pony trek was very well organized, and through lovely Scottish hills, with glorious vistas out over the Trossachs. A lovely thing to do if you are in the area.

Visited July 2011