“First class accommodation and food, with breath taking views!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge on Loch Lomond

and 1 more site!
You added Lodge on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Lodge on Loch Lomond
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route A82, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8PA, Scotland   |
Special Offer
Sping 2 night deal
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“First class accommodation and food, with breath taking views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed Saturday night and it was a pleasure to return. Total escapism 30 minutes from town! The staff are all very attentive, with some shining stars especially in the younger members Ross and Leanne. We stayed in a Corbett room with sauna. Immaculately clean, warm and spacious. Dinner was a wonderful relaxed experience. Menu choices, food and presentation were all first class. Definitely a gem of a place to stay any month of the year.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place such a terrific review on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us so much and found everything to your satisfaction.I have passed your comments on to my team with a special well done to Ross and Leanne.
Nigel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a business event at this hotel in Jan 14 and it went down very well with colleagues. The staff were very friendly and always had a smile or a hello to say. The events team were fabulous and done everything they could to help, they also gave us lots of ideas for our social evenings too. The food was great at both Lodge on the Loch and their sister hotel The Inn. Tea and coffee facilities were always available throughout our meeting and nothing was too big a request for the team. The rooms were received well also, I was lucky to have a room with a small sauna which was lovely. All rooms are Loch facing and the view speaks for itself!

Overall, I can highly recommend this venue for business events and had I visited sooner I would have considered it for my wedding too!!

Room Tip: Having had a tour of the rooms available, I don't think anyone would be disappointed with the ro...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
What a super review and thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor,I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We arrived here for an overnight stay in between Christmas and New Year which we had booked through a voucher website. Unfortunatley when we tried to check in they had no record of our booking. We had the voucher and did seem like a mix up from our end but the staff bent over backwards to help us out and quickly had us settle into 2 fantastic rooms. My wife and I had a great room in the main building overlooking the loch, the room looks like a log cabin with timer clad walls and nice décor, there was a separate bedroom and a sauna in the room! The inlaws stayed in the additional annex which were also great, a modern and trendy room with another great view.
We had also booked an evening meal in the hotel for that evening. I was really impressed with the food and the service, I think its been one of my favourite meals in a long time.
The overnight sleep was great and quiet and, although the weather couldn't have been worse it was still great to wake up to the noise of the water. Breakfast was buffet style and also excellent.
Cant wait to come back here again,.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I was delighted to read your comments and that you had an enjoyable stay with us,I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Rosyth, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Would recommend this. We stayed in a room with it's own sauna and had a great time. We used the pool and other leisure activities. The rooms were spotless and the staff were great. Excellent Service for food, rooms, bar staff and reception. Will go back.

Room Tip: Any room is good
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Brilliant review! Thank you for placing your comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband and I stayed 1 night 17th January, in The Cullins Suite it was amazing best room ever for comfort and view. We had dinner in the restaurant which was also an amazing experience the food was excellent, service by Eiliah was polite, efficient and attentive even though the restaurant was full to capacity. I had to thank the restaurant manager, Colin personally for such a lovely relaxing enjoyable experience in his evidently well run restaurant with well trained friendly staff which is very rare to find these days.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
What an excellent review and thank you for taking the time to place such positive feedback on Trip Advisor, I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and have passed your comments on to my team with a special thanks to Eilidh and Colin.
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from having a lovely break through 5pm deal...we stayed in a Corbett room ..lovely view of loch Lomond from balcony....we were made to feel very welcome from all the staff and manager..

The dinner was really good ...

Breakfast was excellent..

Will definitely be back ..

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience at the Lodge.I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed as a birthday treat for myself and my husband in January, had never been before but got a great deal through Hotel Connection and thought we'd give it a try.

Arrived just before 1pm, not realising that the check in was a rather late 3pm. Reception were great, took our luggage and mobile number and advised us to go a walk, or drive and they would contact us when the room was ready. It was a bit of a miserable day so we sat in the bar instead......room was ready 15 mins later, great!

Bar was lovely, large windows overlooking the loch, large fireplace and comfy sofas and seats - very lodge like, could happily sit there all day.

Room was gorgeous, room 6, it had an amazing view over the loch and hills, a small sitting area and a seperate lit dressing table which was really nide too. Bathroom was really nice, very large and modern.
The only negative I have with the room is that even with the radiator on full it was still a little cool (it was January), a few extra blankets would have been nice because of this.

Dinner in the hotel was delicious, there was a Burns supper on the same night and I was concerned this might affect our meal...not at all. Food was delicious, service was great. Stayed in the bar the rest of the night enjoying the ceilidh music and having a few cocktails!

Called quite late to order breakfast in the room the next morning, not a problem even though technically we'd missed the order deadline, very helpfull staff.

The only time we had a problem was after we checked out, we went back to the bar to have a soft drink and a bite of lunch before we drove home. We were told at the bar to take a seat and someone would be over to take our drink, and we waited, and waited and waited......

Became a bit irritating as there wad only another 2 couples in the bar, and we were plainly in view of 4 staff who were all standing together at the bar. After about 30 minutes I went back up to the bar (only because we really wanted a soft drink!) Was told to sit down again and someone would be over.....and then the waitor went to a couple who had just sat down before coming to us!
Dont know what had happened from the day before, but was a bit dissapointing, especially at the very end of our stay, we didnt bother with lunch after the lengthy wait to order 2 cokes.

Overall a fantastic stay, and would definitely stay again. Lovely hotel, great room, delicious meal and mostly good service.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.I would apologise for the tardy service you received on the sunday morning in the bar and have passed on your constructive feedback to our restaurant team.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.
Nigel

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!