“2nd visit” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge on Loch Lomond

and 1 more site!
You added Lodge on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Lodge on Loch Lomond
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route A82, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8PA, Scotland   |
Special Offer
Sping 2 night deal
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Certificate of Excellence 2014
scotland
“2nd visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Returned after having such a great time last year but did not enjoy as much this time. The service and dinner were excellent however we were moved room (much appreciated) due to our original room being close to the spa(noisy vents). Next Time I would request a balcony room. Our new room was great the decor very nice however no cold water in taps. I wouldn't have minded as much but for brushing your teeth etc it wasn't ideal. Will definitely return however as it's a nice place to go with family. Also special thanks for our anniversary card and champagne

Room Tip: Request an upstairs balcony room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the problems encountered with your room in respect of the lack of cold water and the noise from the swimming pool.I have passed your positive comments on to the restaurant team regarding the dinner and service.
Nigel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We took advantage of a 5pm.co.uk deal for £99 for DBB, and I have to say what great value. We paid an extra £20 for a Corbett room so we had a balcony, loch view, private sauna and the like. The dinner was good, menu OK if you picked your way through it, all of our party of 4 enjoyed it. However the hotel was full presumably as a result of the 5pm deal, so service was a bit slow mid-meal but I none of us minded.

We arrived 15 minutes before breakfast finished. It had obviously been very busy and it took 10 minutes to get a clear table, but chef stayed on, made us all fresh eggs and re-stocked buffet even though breakfast was officially 'over'. Nobody tried to rush us out of the dining room and all staff all the time were very polite and helpful.

The spa was spotless, and is obviously much newer than the main lodge and it showed. Great pool, steam room, sauna if a little cramped in the sauna.

My only criticism is that the main hotel (room and restaurant) is a wee bit tired looking and needs a spruce up/re-fit. I can see why the owners are doing winter deals as I think it would otherwise be quiet. Our room was good, but I think another season of high occupancy will tip it over the edge into really needing refurbished.

This sounds a bit harsh, I really enjoyed my stay, value for money was very good and I would go back. I would love to go back after the main lodge had all been done up as the location is fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Delighted to read your comments and that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us.I have passed your comments on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I could never get tired of staying at this hotel even though I usually wouldn't stay anywhere twice as there's so many good hotels to visit . In my opinion this place is as perfect as you get and will always go back at every opportunity. It's so cosy welcoming comfortable and has the most magical location possible. Combine this with great friendly laid back funny staff and fabulous food what more could you want. Bonus ..........it's also dog friendly ! Love the pool spa area too , and the rooms and saunas are great ! Thank you to all the staff who made our weekend perfect !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
What a great review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.I am so pleased that you continue to enjoy the Lodge and the service and hospitality it offers.I have passed your comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Whenever we want to get away and get some downtime we head to this hotel. It is just some welcoming and relaxing. The staff are superb and make it even better. The location is spectacular and there is some stunning scenery close by as well. This remains our favourite bot-hole.

Room Tip: The Corbett rooms with the balcony overlooking the Loch are our favourite
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay with us again and thank you for the comments regarding the team at the Lodge.
North Ayrshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was a birthday gift for myself and my husband. The hotel is in an excellent location with spectacular views. Rooms very were very modern, luxurious and spacious. The perfect escape for couples looking for a relaxing laid back break. The leisure facilities were in good condition within a very relaxed setting - also very quiet during the times we decided to use. The hotel bar at night was also of a relaxed atmosphere with staff very attentive with drinks orders. The dinner menu was slightly fancy for our taste, but the choices we made were delicious (beef & chicken). The quality of breakfast food was not the best, but I think this was due to buffet style (food sitting of slightly longer periods of time).

Overall an excellent stay and we would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Request a room in the rear building, very modern rooms and within the same vacinity as the leisure c...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
What a lovely review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and I have passed your comments on to my team.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Like a lot of reviewers this was a 5pm deal. Upgraded to the deluxe corbett room beforehand for an extra £20 and was well worth it. Room,bathroom & sauna were exceptionally clean & cosy and the view over the loch was to die for! If only it had been a few degrees warmer, we would have made use of the table and chairs on our balcony! Food in the restaurant both for dinner and breakfast was lovely and the selection of drinks and cocktails in the bar really good. Cannot fault any of the staff at all, they were all friendly, attentive and couldn't do enough for us. Well done Lodge on Loch Lomond!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
So pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction.I have passed your encouraging comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

A little late but just wanted to say - As very newly engaged couple we planned a little trip away before christmas to celebrate 22/12/13. Unfortunately the place we were staying was closed down, but to our good fortune we were upgraded to the lodge with an executive suite for the inconvenience. We cannot say how much we loved staying there. It was instantly warm and welcoming, and the staff were so kind and helpful at all times. Our room exceeded all our expectations and more with a sauna IN OUR ROOM and a balcony over the loch, it was just perfection. The food from Colquhouns was so delicious and the cocktails we had in the bar area were spot on! We felt like we were in a wee Scottish Paradise! It will definitely become our anniversary destination for that special romantic weekend away. Thank you so much to everyone who made it perfect! Xx

Room Tip: The executive rooms was perfection - a good sized bath with a power shower, sauna in the bedroom, lo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Wow!! What a lovely review and I am pleased that the Lodge is now a special place to you.On your anniversary do contact me and I may organise a wee surprise for you.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and it is greatly appreciated.
Nigel

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!