“Birthday Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge on Loch Lomond

Save Saved
You added Lodge on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Lodge on Loch Lomond
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route A82, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8PA, Scotland   |
Special Offer
Summer 2 night break
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Luss
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Birthday Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Best place I have been for a long time, can't fault any of the staff and the food was excellent with staff all showing a good knowledge of what was on the menu! Lovely room with a stunning view to be enjoyed from either inside the room or on the balcony!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
What a lovely review and thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor. I have passed your comments on to my team who are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay.
Wishing you a happy new year.

1,221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Paisley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just back from a 3 day xmas break on the Bonnie Bonnie Banks.

The bedroom was fabulous and the view of the Loch from our balcony was idyllic. Can't fault the staff and Xmas day lunch was superb.

Hopefully we'll be beck sooner rather than later.

Thanks again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for such a superb review and for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Wishing you a happy new year.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had a two night stay with some close friends to mark an anniversary. We were welcomed by warm, friendly staff and were delighted with our 'Loch View' Room. The Room was lovely and clean and the entire Hotel had a pleasant warmth about it. The view was absolutely stunning and was complimented nicely by the atmosphere within the Hotel. The food was excellent and we really appreciated the friendly service that was provided by both Front of House and Kitchen Staff. We used the Spa facilities and absolutely loved the Pool. I would highly recommend this Hotel for a short break/couples retreat - you won't be disappointed :)

Room Tip: Book a Room/Suite with a Loch View
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us and found everyhting to your satisfaction.
Wishing you a Happy and successful new year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

As far as romantic getaways are concerned, this is a pretty hot one. Idyllic scenery, warm and extremely hospitable staff, more than delivers on its promises.
A quiet retreat with all the magic of Christmas.

When I first walked through its doors for a simple coffee more than a decade ago, I knew I would want to find the perfect occasion and excuse to stay and experience everything the lodge had to offer, not least, the beautiful location and scenery!

Very special. Blessed to have finally done it. Will definitely do again but my Scottish roots tell me it'll be Hogmanay next time!

An absolute must whatever season of the year.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that you enjoyed your christmas break at the Lodge and that you found everything to your satisfaction. I have passed your kind comments on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We attended the xmas party night on Sat 7th Dec,
It was a shambles and very disappointing!
6 of us attended last years xmas party night and had a great time! this year the same 6 went and left disappointed. We paid over £540 for the party night and overnight stay. (plus money spent on the night! )
The hotel and rooms were excellent as usual, but the morning breakfast was not up to it's usual standard, service was very slow and the staff overworked, 1 waitress broke down in tears when somebody complained to her about slow service!
Now for the party! :-(
The party started at 19.30 and we were still being served our food and coffee at 2230, 3 hours to serve food and coffee? 2 hours between starter and main course? The event was advertised to finish at 0100 , but at 0010 the disco finished, packed up and went home, so we had only had about an hour and a half dancing, by 0030 all the tables were stripped, the floor being swept and everyone had been encouraged to leave!
There was no choice of wines, but apparently you could get more choice of wines in the main hall acrooss the road, but the staff were too busy to go across and get it, twice we were overcharged for our drinks round by about £15 both times as 3 drinks appeared on our bill which hadn't been ordered by us.
Everyone was complaining to the duty managers on the night who acknowledged that there were serious flaws on the night. The next morning on checking out we informed the reception staff that we were left very unhappy with the night, they informed us that there were a lot of complaints and that all party leaders would receive a phone call 1st thing monday a.m from the 'events team' Did I receive a call? No! I contacted the hotel on tues p.m and spoke to the events team who said there was a managers meeting on the thursday and that we would hear back after the meeting, 2 weeks later we are still waiting for an explaination and proper apology!
Very unsatisfactory for a place we love and have had lots of happy times and memories.
We will have to give serious consideration to where we go next year for our Xmas party, but as it stands I cannot recommend The Lodge for a Xmas party. Very Disappointing.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Firstly I am obviously a fan of this hotel as I keep returning, however this time they have raised their game, a new and very committed and passionate manager has been appointed and it shows, everything is just that little bit more polished and the always friendly service has been lifted a level.
The hotel is cosy and comfortable and I have always loved the friendliness and warmth of service although previously some rooms had started to look a little tired, these have been freshened up and are now so calming and relaxing, and the staff seem to have more passion.

The spa is a delight and the reception area manages to be cosy and modern at the same time.
The head waiter friendly and knowledgable, i'm only sorry i didn't catch his name.
The GM was present and warm and willing to chat away to guests, and spoiled our two kids with a christmas gift. How fantastic!

I have to say, do not hesitate, as a travel professional, I am picky and spoiled for choice having stayed in some of the world's premier hotel and yet I simply adore this scottish gem.
I cannot fault this stay in any way shape or form and all of this with a view of loch lomond that is simply to die for.
Go...!

Room Tip: I have stayed in all rooms and I personally love the cuillin suites in new building but hubby loves...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Wow!! What a fabulous review and thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor.It is very reassuring to know that the changes and improvements we have made in terms of our service and the room improvements have not gone unnoticed and we are constantly striving for perfection.
Wishing you all the compliments of the season.
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I begin by saying that this is one of my favourite hotels in the world - the view over the loch is spectacular and the restaurant is nearly always very good. We've just returned from a three night stay and the guy running the restaurant was excellent - very attentive and remembered our drinks preferences. The reception staff are rarely helpful tho ... Without over generalising they are usually younger women who behave as if it's a part time job they took because they couldn't get anything better.

My husband & I have been going to the lodge on the loch at least once a year for over 13 years - and we have never been welcomed back. A couple of years ago I spent the time writing our views on the feedback form. Including the suggestion that they might remember us, that despite several attempts at getting the subtitles to work on the TV (I'm deaf) it was to no avail. As others have said maintenance is often poor and the cleaners can arrive very late to sort the room out.

It's a lovely hotel and it feels as if someone should really care about it but they don't. Perhaps the owners are disinterested?

Given they have our email address I live in hope that they'll send us an offer to stay in our usual room one day .... Over a decade and I'm still waiting ....

Ruth

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony - ideally in the main building - it's worth it!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
NigelEB, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. As the recently appointed General Manager I was really shocked to read that you were not recognised or acknowledged as a regular guest as many of our team have been with us for years. I would be most grateful if you could send me your email address in order that I can respond directly to you, in the meantime I have passed your positive comments on to my restaurant team who will be delighted.
Wishing you the compliments of the season and look forward to hearing from you.
Nigel

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!