“Absolute bliss in the Carter Suite 03/08/13” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lodge on Loch Lomond

and 1 more site!
You added Lodge on Loch Lomond to your Saves list
Lodge on Loch Lomond
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route A82, Luss, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8PA, Scotland   |
Special Offer
Sping 2 night deal
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Absolute bliss in the Carter Suite 03/08/13”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay at the Lodge on Loch Lomond. The rooms were great and dinner was beautiful. Our balcony was huge and looked straight on to the Loch. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made our visit very special. I would highly recommend a stay here and we will definitely be back. A massive thank you to all the staff x

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor,I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and have passed your comments on to my team.
Nigel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
arinsanne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just arrived home from a mini break in Luss with my husband (who works away from home). I booked it as a peaceful, romantic getaway and our Munro room (66) did not disappoint. Beautiful view of the loch and the room felt so spacious with the open plan style bathroom. Every member of staff we came into contact with were super friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We used the pool/spa facilities which were lovely and ate in the restaurant both evenings. Our meals were of a high quality and not at all overpriced bearing this in mind. We did eat breakfast also and if I am completely honest this was possibly the only thing that let the place down. I think in a four star hotel a hot cooked breakfast should maybe be cooked to order? However what we did have was tasty and not at all dried out as sometimes happens with buffet style. Excellent for a short break in scenic surroundings - we are only half an hour away in Glasgow so will most definitely be back.

Room Tip: Loch view rooms - all of the Munro rooms have a view but I reckon the Corbett rooms in the main buil...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on trip advisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction in particular the friendliness of the staff and the quality of our cuisine. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Having enjoyed a stay at the lodge on the loch before decided to stay again and was not disappointed.i was visiting with my son and his girlfriend. The hotel staff are very welcoming the rooms are quite unique and very clean. The restaurant is located overlooking the loch the staff are very polite and the service good. The ambience of the hotel is calm and peaceful a really pleasant stay. The location is beautiful I never tire of it and will certainly be visiting again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have beautiful views all are comfortable . Some have balconies which are very nice. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
What a lovely review.I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your experience at the Lodge and that every remains to your satisfaction.My team are delighted with your comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the lodge for 2 nights, mid-week in July 2013. Our room was ready before the specified time and although it was a disabled food on the ground floor it was flawless. The room was extremely clean, modern and spacious and the hidden extras were a welcomed touch. I appreciate the eco-friendliness of the lodge and the pool and spa facilities were an added bonus.
I would definitely recommend staying at the lodge, although the town of Luss is lacking in places to purchase to goods and dine out, there are several lovely places to eat out only a 10 min drive away. Although my sister and I had an amazing time I would recommend the lodge for couples more than families.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Great review and thank you for taking the time to publish your comments regarding your recent experience with us, I have passed your comments on to my team. Whilst Luss may have a shortage of places to dine we have our very own Colquhouns Restaurant which offers an informal lochview dining experience with a skilled team of chefs and amazing views it is a great experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We just returned from our trip July 2013. We stayed for 2 night at the Lodge on Loch Lomond. The view was beautiful but the Lodge was totally worn out and old. The beds were the most uncomfortable we slept on during our 2 weeks spent in Scotland. One of our rooms only had box springs to sleep on and the other room only had OLD thin worn out mattresses.

We use the pool which was fine but the spa equipment and most of it didn't work right.

We then ate at the restaurant in the Lodge as there was nowhere else to eat. The food was good but way over priced. The 2nd night we took a 20 minute drive back to Balloch and ate at Palombos Fish and Chips. We had an awesome meal there and the price was right on target.

This Lodge was anything but first class I would never recommend you stay here until they do a real update of the place.

Room Tip: Stay in Balloch instead it is a quaint little town and not far from Luss.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
As the new General Manager at the Lodge I was most disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your recent stay with us.Your comments are important to me in order that I can make the necessary changes to ensure that all of our guests have a great experience.Thank you for taking the time to place your review.
Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My partner treated me to a stay at this hotel, Loch Lomond is one of my favourites places and now this will always be my hotel of choice when visiting the area. We stayed in a Corbett Double, great room offering beautiful views over the Loch from the balcony. The staff were friendly and welcoming. You must, must, must dine in the Restaurant, the food was just amazing, the service fantastic and the overall dining experience first class. Not the cheapest meal, but definately worth every penny! Great location, great service, great atmosphere, great trip!! Hoping to return for the NYE package. Thanks!

Room Tip: Corbett Rooms offer the best views of the Loch. The Munro Rooms also have balconies, BUT are set ba...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nigel B, General Manager at Lodge on Loch Lomond, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Some things in life are worth that little bit extra!! Thank you for your kind review and we are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us. I do hope that you decide to join us for Hogmanay as it will be a truly amazing experience but I would book sooner rather than later as this is a popular event. Look forward to welcoming you back.
Ashington, Northumberland, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Part of my trip with aged mother(89) to quality hotels with disabled access. This hotel was magnificent! We had a ground accessible room. Great access to everything - especially in the bathroom. Moving around the hotel was easy with a wheelchair. The staff couldn't do enough for us. The meals are good and reasonably priced. I have NEVER been in a hotel where the views from the room allocated and restaurant were so FABULOUS!!! ...and each room has a sauna! Brilliant place to spend a break - great golf opportunities all around.

Room Tip: You need to have either an upstairs or downstairs room overlooking the Loch!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
You are quite right in the fact that the Lodge enjoys a truly enviable location surrounded by stunning scenery and I am delighted that you enjoyed your whole experience at the Lodge. Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
Nigel

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!