Stayed here twice in the month of December. Once with my boyfriend and second with my mum.
The first time was the week of the 12th December. Check in was super quick, the staff were lovely and we were quickly shown to our room and also given a welcome voucher for a free drink at the bar. Our room was in a lovely building with traditional scottish decor. The room itself was stunning, the bath/shower was all electronically controlled as was the wash basin. There was tea/coffee facilities along with borders biscuits. We had a balcony that faced out onto the loch and the view was absolutely stunning! The room had a tv with various cable channels, a mini bar, which was rather over priced but hey you expect that anyway. There was also an internet connection in the room. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was so nice and relaxed. The food was beautiful. My boyfriend had the angus burger with chips and i had risotto. We both had dessert of chocolate fondant. The presentation was stunning.The staff were so polite and attentive, we were never left to long without someone asking if we needed anythin or any drinks topped up. You have the option to have things charged to your room if you want and pay when you check out. After dinner we went back to our room to relax. The bed was very comfy woke up the next morning feeling very refreshed and relaxed. The breakfast was fantastic a big choice of everything there. All the items to make a cooked breakfast, cereals, pastries, jams, smoked salmon and meats and cheeses. You also had the option to have porridge and cooked to order eggs. The view at our table for breakfast was stunning - view right over loch lomond and onto luss pier. Check out was at 11am, so as we were checking out we were able to pay for items we had at the bar and also items from the mini bar, it was very quick and professional and the staff were very nice.
The second time i was there with my mum we had a slight problem at check in, the couldnt find our reservation, i had a copy of the reservations number and the were able to retrieve it. The only problem was it hadnt went through the system properly so it hadnt actaully reserved us a room. The lady at reception was so lovely and went away to speak to her manager. The manager himself came out to speak to us and apologise for the misundersanding and to tell us he was upgrading us to higher standard of room from what we had booked. Which was absolutely fantastic. And same as the first stay i had there the room, dinner staff and breakfast where all fantastic. I cant praise them high enough. I got the stays on special offer on groupon but i definitly think that for a special occasion this hotel is well worth the money
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with spa and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland