“Another Quality Stay This Time In An Eagle Hot Tub Lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village

Save Saved
You added Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village to your Saves list
Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village
Drimsynie Estate, Lochgoilhead, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park PA24 8AD, Scotland   |
Scotland
“Another Quality Stay This Time In An Eagle Hot Tub Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This again was another great break away to our fav Scottish holiday destination and only 40 min from where we live !! Having stayed in the hotel on the last 2 occasions we were so looking forward to staying in the eagle hot tub lodge ( no 21 ). We have stayed in the standard eagle lodges on many times over the years but decided on trying the eagle hot tub lodge as on walking past could see how impressive the views would be !!! We arrived on the 12th sept earlier than expected so chanced our lodge would be ready and it was :-) staff at reception are so friendly which is always a good thing ! Good thing about our lodge was that you had access to the back door as well as the front which made it easier to access when parking the car or when I came in from a game of golf on the well kept 9 hole course. Entering the lodge we found that the layout is the same as the other eagle lodges but the decor and furnishings have been modernised to a very high standard with walk in showers replacing the shower over the bath style ! Had a prob with the shower not draining away on the first day but no sooner had I reported it to management the maintenance man was at the t lodge to sort it ( to be true he was actually there before I managed to get back to the lodge and I was only 5 min lol ) with the constant use these things happen !! The views from the lodge were first class added to this the bonus of the hot tub :-) it is so good to have a hot tub to unwind with a drink, my only criticism is that the lid of the hot tub opens the wrong way as it blocks of the views which was a bit disappointing as would be much nicer to sit in the tub looking over loch goil ( maybe something to think about !!!). Took the rover pass as usual as is a must for the use of the leisure facilities which there are so many, and unlimited access to all for everyone in your accommodation :-). Ate many times at the hotel and again good quality food, even had specials 1 night which the mussels starters were to die for !! Overall we had a wonderfull stay and would like to thank all the staff that looked after us :-) looking forward to our next stay which I'm sure wont be long.
Ps. A wee bonus for returning guests would be an appreciated !!!!! Thanks again...

• Stayed September 2013
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor about Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village.

We do get some great feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. But your feedback is one of the most fantastic ones I have ever read. Thank you so much for your amazing feedback. Just to confirm I will definitely be sharing this with my team and it means a lot to us.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Drimsynie Estate and in the mean while if there is anything which you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 44 1301 703344 or reception@drimsynie.co.uk

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Stirling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We booked our accommodation over the phone at 4pm on Sunday afternoon (22nd September 2013) to arrive on Sunday night.

We were told to bring towels, which was expected (and preferred in our case), with it being a caravan. We were told our arrival time was not a problem and we could still check in late in the evening. Great news!

We booked a caravan break here for the sole purpose of scrutiny and assessment because we have been looking to purchase a caravan at a site within a holiday park within a two hour distance from our home. This was our second trip in a week as we had gone to another caravan park in Pitlochry for 3 nights prior to this, to do the same thing!

On arrival:
Greeted with a pleasant girl from Aberdeen who said we'd been booked on for the following evening, but as the caravans can't normally be booked from Sunday to Wednesday, it was probably a way of logging it on the system - as our arrival pack was ready for that evening. It was dealt with professionally and the girl ran up to the caravan just to make sure it was ready for us. Meanwhile a Gentleman took her place in reception and chatted away, to keep us occupied, which was nice.

He notified us that there will be a massive renovation project in the next few years.

She arrived back quickly stating it was ready and she'd switched the lounge light on and switched the heating on to make it cosy for us arriving up there. Nice :)

We were given a zippy packet with a remote for the tv, the key and an information booklet. No deposits were asked for in relation to the remote, which I was expecting as I'd seen a prior review.

Caravan was really clean, a few new soap bars in the bathrooms and toilet rolls were warmly accepted as we'd forgotten some toilet roll! :) Beds on the other hand - spring mattresses -nightmare if you are used to memory foam. That's personal preference I suppose!

Tv channels - around 8 - 10 I believe and Cbeebies is there in the morning which is a good tool.

Swimming, Soft Play and walks around the park were all great with our two year old, although there is no shallow end in the pool. The minimum is 1 metre, so you will need a ring or arm bands for your wee one. Unfortunately mine isn't to fond of either and was adamant to swim by himself - so the whole swimming outing turned into a tantrum ordeal because of no areas for him to paddle. I enjoyed the jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

We enjoyed using our food token valued at 4.00 from our swimming fee of 7.95.
The waitress bent over backwards to accommodate our family by presenting our Son with crayons and spent 10 minutes helping us decide which meal was best on offer to suit our tastes. To top it off, the Gentleman serving our drinks to the table was Hungarian and he was very welcoming and engaged in a nice conversation with us.

I had cajun chicken and it was to die for! It was a lovely piece of chicken breast and cooked just right. My Husband had a steak pie which he said had tender meat also. As for my little one, well he was too busy carrying on to enjoy his food.

The only other time we went into this area was last night (24th). I had gone to the swimming myself this time and enjoyed the peace and quiet - being one of two people in the area - bliss!

I used the food voucher for homemade cakes for my family at a different bar area and they were delicious.

The local shop was varied in supplies but they didn't have any hairbrushes which was an absolute nightmare as I'd also forgotten to pack this. Reception girl came to the rescue with my only option in a 15 mile radius which was a plastic lost and found one - which I had to spend an hour scrubbing with bleach before I could bring myself to use it! Needs must :/
The older lady in the shop could do with a customer service course as her "face was tripping her" every time we went in - she didn't really help with the hairbrush situation as she just said, "oh well, you'll just need to drive somewhere and get one, nothing we can do about it" - no apologies or anything - just an 'it's your problem' type of attitude. The younger lady in the shop was very nice though.

Onto the sales office:
We went in and discussed available pitches and options.
There was no sales-y type negotiations, which was appreciated. Clearly stated was on offer and included with a caravan there and what facilities were included. We are glad the swimming and gym are included, along with free wifi in all areas :)

The sales Gentleman told us that over the next few years they are re-doing the games areas for the kids and putting in a new floor with a restaurant with loch views, totally re-doing the swimming pool with kids areas (yeeha!) and introducing quad bikes and 4x4 tours in April.

So what's our verdict?

We're placing a deposit on a pitch as we were over the moon at the staff and facilities on offer and what is being introduced and upgraded. Also, alongside value for money with what's included with your site fees at this site.

I believe once the upgrades are done, this place will be 5 stars.

Please keep your staff as they were all wonderful!

Dear Guest

I thank you again for your positive feedback as we strive to offer to all of our guests very high standards of service. I will definitely share your compliments with all my team and would like to say that these compliments mean a lot to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Drimsynie Estate holiday Village and in the mean while if there is anything which you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 44 1301 703344 or reception@drimsynie.co.uk

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Please note that I am Indian and hence you might find some of the observations bit different from your POVs.

We had planned this trip to scotland in June-July 2011. All in all, a big conglomeration of 1 senior citizen, 5 adults and 4 kids. Drove straight to Drimsynie from scunthorpe. Reached there by late evening and we were more than surprised. The hotel denied us any confirmed booking even though we had one in advance through one of many travel sites.
As I always do in such scenes, after letting them know that we have no other place to go with the kids, they somehow managed to get us 1 traditional and 1 modern lodges, though at a slightly higher tariff that i dont remenber now.
Enter into the traditional lodge and you are greeted with the best of ambience, structure, peace, serneity, architecture, layout, overlooking the Loch, modern en-suite bathrooms and very good beds.
The modern lodge was not having a view of the loch but it was indeed exciting in its own way.
After settling down our families, me and my bro took to the terrace balcony for few drinks. Man! that was awesome!! I have never been to such a peaceful and calming place. The nature was at its best and we ended up in sheer silence instead of starting a discussion.
I missed all my girfriends there and vowed to myself to bring them here one day ( Although one by one...:D)
These lodges are self catering and there is small grocery shop down the estate where you can find all the supplies. We had a grand grand gala time and everyone seemed to enjoy the scenery. Went for a walk around the golf course next day. Nothing much to do but you dont really want to do anything at all here. The kids were cheerful to find the indoor gaming zone and swimming pool. A 3 night stay here is still unforgettable and permanently etched in their memories.
The staff was decent and ready to serve in true fashion of scottish hospitability. Give them a smile and they are ready to bend the rules.
Had few drinks at the bar which was really very exciting place to be in. Although I found the menu to be of 100% english cuisine, the dishes we chose were very well prepared.
Next honeymoon, book it guys!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay in hotel rooms. Choose lodges first and then caravans.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I thank you again for your positive feedback as we strive to offer to all of our guests very high standards of service. My apologies that your booking was not found in the beginning but at the same time I am glad that my team was able to resolve it quickly for you. I am very happy that you had a fantastic holiday and enjoyed Drimsynie Estate holiday village.

Kilbirnie, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've been visiting Drimsynie estate for many of years now, as well as a few members of my family have visited here on many occasions. The scenery is absolutely fantastic,I had fallen in love with here from when I was a young boy. I took my wife to here the other year and she loved it as we'll, food was great and the entertainment was good to. It's a shame the ice rink is so small but very quirky at the same time. Hopefully will be visiting and staying again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed up here for a weekend recently and genuinely couldn't have been happier with the location. Beautifully set in Scottish scenery with 360 panoramic views.

Had dinner in the hotel on the first night which was a chicken burger. Was of decent enough quality so decided to have dinner the following evening.

Restaurant was not busy when we arrived, three other small tables. Ordered or drinks from the very kind and friendly waitress. Unfortunately after about 10 minutes we could still see our drinks sitting on the bar so one of us had to go and collect them ourselves. We ordered our food, myself having the pasta. The pasta was flavorless, definitely not seasoned in any shape or form. Very disappointing.

Highly recommend the area but maybe avoid the food

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor about Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village.

I am glad that you were happy with the location and the service you received from the restaurant team. I am shocked to hear that your pasta was not up to your expectations as we get very good feed back about our mains from our guests.

Can you please contact me directly on the number below or email me, so I can investigate further. I am not sure if you raised this with the duty manager on floor? And if this was resolved for you.

Sanquhar scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was ideal for a short stay to meet up with friends. The hotel has excellent facilities and is ideal for a short break with plenty to do for both adults and children. Meals in the Rob Roy Bar are reasonably priced decent portions and a good choice but the stinger is the price of drinks £4.40 is a bit step for a pint of Guinness but when on holiday people pay it without question. I would go back ideal for a weekend break away from it all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor about Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village.

Alloa, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in the caravan accommodation, POND1. The caravan was stunning, by far the best I have ever been in. That's probably all the positives out of the way.
On arrival, I was charged £5 each night for gas and electricity. Then another £30 deposit for the remote control (we got this back). Got to the caravan, it was a premier so normally expect bed linen and towels. There was bedding but no towels, thankfully I had packed 4!
Next thing they want to charge you for is their Rovers Pass. What a complete rip off. Never before I have stayed in a place where they charge you for the swimming pool! Farcical really. We didn't buy it. They will say the Rovers Pass is well worth the money, yes of course it is as they charge you £2.80 for your child to play in soft play (seen better equipment in my local burger king) and for a family of four we were £10 for crazy golf which took 10 mins as at the end they have a secret tunnel which snatches your balls back to reception! The pool cost £7.95 per adult (which included £4 food or drink voucher).
It's a beautiful part of the world, breathtaking scenery but I definitely wouldn't return to Drmysnie. I think next year I'll save some money and go abroad instead!!

Dear Guest

I am glad to read your positive feedback ref to your caravan and that it lived up to your expectation.

I am really sad that you were not happy with the charges but we do advise all our guests about all these charges at time of booking and even on our website as customers have to pay for their gas and electricity charges. Please speak to us directly if you are not sure about any of these before your booking and member of our reservations team would be more than happy to help.

Remote controls sometimes get abused, damaged and also go missing therefore we have to take some deposits for them which was returned to you as you have mentioned.

Reference to Rover passes we don't want to charge you unless you choose to buy a rover pass which is entirely your own decision - But I would like to mention here that rover passes are extremely popular and our customers really like them. We get allot of excellent feedback about them but at the same time I have made a note of your comments as well.

Operations Manager

Been to Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village? Share your experiences!