“Cafe best avoided!” 3 of 5 stars

Abernethy
5 attraction reviews
“Cafe best avoided!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

To be fair, I only visited the café without experiencing any of the watersport activities available so that my comments should only reflect my opinion of the café.
I entered at about 12.15pm for a lunchtime snack. The only person visible was a very young girl. I asked for a "wet" café latte (one without froth) and was given a latte WITH froth. I noticed the coffee machine was in a filthy condition and that the general cleanliness of the area behind the counter left much to be desired.
I then asked for a fried egg roll and was informed that no hot food was available as the owner was on holiday and would be absent for 3 weeks! Before taking a seat I visited the men's toilet which was in an appalling state with broken fixtures and a disgusting shower area with a shower curtain hanging half off.
I took my seat and took in the magnificent view over the loch when I heard a customer asking for a cheeses and ham toastie. A male voice replied that this would be attended to whereupon I approached the counter to ask why I had been refused hot food. The man apologised for not having given clearer instructions to the girl but said that fried egg rolls were not served after 12.0am in any case!? However he offered to make one, an offer which I declined having already consumed a pretty awful tray-bake and anyway was not happy about the food hygiene area.
All in all, a café to be avoided. I should have known by the fact that it was so empty despite the fine weather and the number of folk out to enjoy the scenery.

Visited October 2013

Nazeing
8 attraction reviews
“Quick visit for morning coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Called in for a cup of coffee/tea and a snack. Very nice and friendly. If we are passing this will be a good place to stop for a break

edinburgh
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just took my two children to try waterskiing, the coach martin was so good with my two teenage boys and made us all laugh. We then warmed up with a delicious hot chocolate and cream and the most amazing selection of home bakes I've ever seen all made by martins lovely wife Laura. What a really great family venue and so nice to feel appreciated as a customer.

Visited August 2013
“What a lovely place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were just passing by on our way to creif when we stopped at the lochside cafe.
We were greeted by two beautiful young ladies. Who of course I thought were sisters but in fact were mother and daughter. All I got was smiles and a polite manner of conversation. Never one rude thing came out neither of their mouths. I asked them about the surroundings and found them to be extremely helpful and kind about my terrible knowledge of map reading myself. All in all it is a wonderful place with wonderful people. Laura martin grace and little raff. Don't listen to all of this pathetic so called "hate". Come to this place everyone! It's awesome!!!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Friendly place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Popped in here for a coffee and met an extremely nice man who was in charge of the café. He gave the appearance of having been there for years but in fact had only worked there for a few weeks. We were made to feel very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our coffee sitting at the tables outside facing onto the loch surrounded by ducks. Very pleasant venue with beautiful views.

Visited June 2013