“Quintessentially British” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dall Lodge Country House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killin
Dall Lodge Country House
You added Dall Lodge Country House to your Saves list
Main Street, Killin, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park FK21 8TN, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Killin B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Quintessentially British”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

A charming B&B with charming hosts. A fantastic location just below Loch Tay in Killin. The hosts were superbly helpful without being intrusive and the whole feel of the place was a superb advertisement for the good old British Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Renfrewshire, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

My husband and i decided to escape for a relaxing weekend and get a fix of the hills and lochs of Killin. I spoke to Sally the owner the night before we arrived - a late booking - she was very pleasant and accommodating even offering some help with an evening meal as we would be arriving late to the sleepy town. When we arrived Sally was just as lovely in person as she had been on the phone. She took us to our room which was a spacious and country fashioned with en suite. Very clean, very homely and cosy. They had even put a heater on for our arrival. Being in the first trimester of pregnancy and struggling with nausea Sally was kind enough to send a light breakfast up to the room for me and even heat some food for me during the day.
Dall Country Hotel has regular visits from a family of ducks from the River across the road, which added to the enjoyment of the stay - so take some bread with you!!
Great service, comfy beds, clean rooms, fabulous surroundings, and a generous helping of kindness to boot! Thanks Sally.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

We stayed at Dall Lodge in Killin after passing through the area a few times in the past. Killin is a great base for exploring the hills and waterways of Tayside. The hosts are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They were kind enough to volunteer to lend us maps of the area for our walks and touring.

The B&B itself is located within walking distance of everything in Killin, but not directly in the heart of things which is nice. We stayed in the 4 poster room which was just as described on their website; clean, spacious and just what we needed. The breakfasts were delicious and hearty with lots of choices, including a delicious fruit plate. The grounds are well maintained and there was ample parking. I would definitely recommend Dall Lodge to a friend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

A very good bed room, lovely view. Good location just out of the main touristy section of Killin, excellent hosts and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Berthoud, COLORADO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

My husband, sister, brother-in-law in a wheelchair and I stayed at Dall Lodge in Killin on May 17, 18, 19, and 20 of 2009. It was the best place in Scotland I have seen.

Located on the east side of Loch Tay, the village of Killin is a quaint old place of unexpected delight. While we have visited Scotland a couple of times in the past 25 years, this was truly the most beautiful spot of all. I would go back there in a shot and Dall Lodge Country House was the prettiest in the village.

The village itself has several very good restaurants to dine in and some interesting local sites. There are the Falls of Douchart and the McNab cemetary, the so-called burial site of Fingal, and a small castle ruin (which we unfortunately missed this trip). Our host John recommended many excursions especially the circular drive around Glen Coe and another over to Oban, a seaside village. Don't miss the Crannog center on Loch Tay or the Old Grouse Distillery beyond. We say highland cattle, heather, mountains, lochs, etc. All beautiful.

I would also mention that you should look for the beautiful hand made wool hats by the FrillyGhillie found in The Studio in the center of Killin. I found them the first day in Killin when I walked around the village while doing laundry (the only laundry in nearly all of Perthshire outside of Perth itself!).
Unfortunately, our daily drives did not end until the store closed so I nearly did not get to purchase one of the hats. Thanks to our hostess Sally, who called the owner of the shop, I was able to make arranged to buy two hats!
Breakfasts at the Dall Lodge were very tasty. John brought us our food while singing or humming and bagpipe music was playing in the background. Sally provided a wonderful tray of fresh tropical fruits. She even gave us extra tasting experiences of local Haggis (quite good actually like sausage) and tradition Irish porridge (very smooth). Very special treats!

I can't say enough good about this B & B. Like our fabulous stay in the Fushcia House in Ireland, I would rank this stay at the Dall Lodge in Scotland to be our best and most memorable experiences of many trips to England.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2008

We were in Killin August 29 and 30th. It is a beautiful little town at the bottom of Loch Tay. We were attending a wedding down the road at the Bridge of Lochay Inn. The Dall Lodge is the best B&B in Killin. It is a traditional house but comfortable. It has 9 rooms. The owner was very friendly and breakfast was nice. She even gave me extra food to take upstairs for my boyfriend who had a sore head after a long night of dancing at the wedding. Everything in killin is within walking distance. I thouroghly enjoyed my stay in killin.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Dall Lodge Country House? Share your experiences!