“Mongolian Yurt!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loch Tay Highland Lodges

You added Loch Tay Highland Lodges to your Saves list
Loch Tay Highland Lodges
Milton Morenish Estate | Milton Morenish Estate, Killin, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Scotland   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
scotland
“Mongolian Yurt!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Just arrived home from a 2 night break in the Mongolian Yurt. I have stayed in one of the tepees here before so knew what was in the local area. I read a few negative comments about the Yurt being dirty and smell but I can hontesly say that we found it good. Yes, it's not 5 star accommodation - it is what it is, but go and and give it a try. The log fire burner kept the Yurt nice and warm and we all slept well. The toilet/shower facilites were immaculate - again I had read negative comments. It was good for a few nights and was certainly differrent. Planning our next trip but going to book a lodge this time - we like to try everything once.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed in the Glen quaich lodge earlier this week. What a lovely little home from home. Much more spacious than you'd expect from outside or from pics on website. Really nicely furnished with quality furniture, appliances and soft furnishings. Great wood burning stove. Lovely guy dropped us off a complimentary bag of logs, kindling and fire lighters. Very cosy! Already planning to go back. Good communication with office re booking, very friendly. My wee dogs loved it, great site and beautifully kept. Guys work hard keeping it all looking very manicured. Nice drinks sitting outside Boathouse overlooking marina. Great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hi we stayed here for short break we where booked into one of the Wendy house cabins on arrival and looked at the Wendy house inside cabin was stail smell
And the mattress on the beds need a good steam clean to kill of the bed bugs.

We went to office as not what we where expecting for £90 for 3 nights cheap deal but at least you would expect it to be clean.

We where then offered to upgrade but would cost an extra £90 so you wonder as in the middle of no place is this there plan you arrive see the accommodation and you will want to upgrade for sure.

So we did pay the upgrade and was told that the cleaner would be over to clean the upgraded cabin so we went for a meal to let them do this on return we found a load of logs at the door and no one had been into clean the cabin, thus cabin was far much better but the bedroom was a disgrace and we will upload photos of this accommodation ASAP.

We had seperately the beds and stains on floor plus hairs fluff ect and we took cloth around outside of skirting boards and it was disgusting.

I then went to report to office but closed I seen the owner and reported to him and he informed me that the cleaner had cleaned this cabin well if it was my business I would have taken a look at the cabin but he just called duty warden and told him to clean did not even seem concerned about this and wandered off to clean his car, well if I went to another country for a holiday I would expect clean accommodation and I would not expect anything else in my own country it is a total disgrace and it is more than Likely they just want your money and run I will not being going back her sad really but once we had cleaned it was ok and as I have just come out of hospital with major surgery I could have infected my wounds.

No apology just blanked beware take your own cleaning stuff and make sure you have rubber gloves.......

Check under beds and sofas in livingroom have rubber mattress but will need good wipe down as for sure the cleaner won't be doing it.....

As they say keep Scotland tidy best start with this accommodation.

Regards Stuart Osterman

• Stayed June 2012
fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Have just returned from staying at the loch tay house on the morenish estate , the house was brilliant had great WOW factor, very clean , layout well thought out ,huge windows to take in the spectacular views across the loch, private garden, would highly recommend paying a visit .

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in a wooden wigwam and was pleasantly surprised by how clean and spacious it was, including all the modern luxuries needed by a glamper! Tv, heating, microwave, fridge, kettle, electric points, clean showers and toilets and a fab campers kitchen with log burner if the weather wasn't so good - thankfully the weather was glorious so took full use of the firepit provided and picnic table. The wigwams overlook the loch and it's a short walk to the lochside. Lots of activities available from kayaking to boat hire. We hired a boat for half a day which included fishing permits - the chap who hired the boats out was really helpful about good fishing spots and taught us how to steer etc. Would thoroughly recommend this place and we'll be back again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Montrose, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had a 2 night stay in one of the Eooden Wigwams. I can honestly say that this was one of the best weekends away we've had in a long time. The wigwams are clean, spacious and very comfortable. Most have fantastic views over Loch Tay.
The only negative is the fact that there is currently a temporary shower block which got a bit crowded at busy times! Facilities on site are very good including the campers kitchen and lounge as well as the boathouse restaurant.
If you book a wigwam, try and request the "Skye" one as this has the best views.
Also, I would definitely advise taking a boat out onto the loch to truly appreciate the stunning location.
All in all, I can't recommend this place enough

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We took my daughter and mum to stay in one of the wooden lodges. We had a lot of problems with the communal bathrooms not being washed and they were filthy. We had no kitchen facilities on our side of the camp and had to either walk to the other side of the camp or we had to use an outside tap. We did not really had outside chairs to sit on, the wigwams/huts were about 1 metre from each other, so you were in your neighbours face. I went to the office to complain about the bathroom and did not feel that they really listened to me. I was not happy here and believe me, I grew up in South Africa, and I have never experienced a site in such a bad state like this over there. This place just did not look that well looked after, it seems that they just tried to squeeze in as much accommodation into the site to make money and not because they wanted to provide a cosy, friendly, holiday site.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Loch Tay Highland Lodges? Share your experiences!