“delicious eggs Benedict” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe at Kilcreggan

Cafe at Kilcreggan
Prince's Terrace | Shore Rd, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Helensburgh G84 0JJ, Scotland
0143684 2022
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“delicious eggs Benedict”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Really nice establishment. I ordered eggs Benedict which was served within 6 minutes. it was delicious, as was the freshly ground coffee. I recommend you to try this pleasant cafe.

Visited April 2013

East Kilbride
“What a difference a year makes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We visited and I rated this restaurant in March 2012. On our last visit the food was tremendous as were the staff, now a year later things have gone downhill. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and was served up one and a half totally overdone poached eggs, 1 slice of bacon underneath , and a slice of brown bread, untoasted .....it was then swimming or should I say, drowning in Hollandaise sauce. My husband ordered the Teriyaki panini, which was again floating in the sauce making the panini completely soggie....there was not a lot of beef strips but copious amounts of mushrooms swimming about the plate. The waitress, who was very pleasant , asked if we enjoyed our food and I informed her about the Eggs Benedict. The chef, and I use the words loosely , was chatting to a workman at the time and the waitress told him of my complaint...he arrogantly repeated exactly what I and the waitress told him, shrugged his shoulders and walked off. This was a 40 mile trip for us to this restaurant, through gorgeous scenery but I definitely will not be back. The alleged chef will be the death of a previously great eatery . The owner needs to buy him a decent cooking manual, a book on manners and possibly a bar of soap and a hairnet, then she might have a fighting chance of saving the place.!!

Visited April 2013
siona g, Owner at Cafe at Kilcreggan, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
We appreciate our customers taking time to provide feedback on their customer experience and I was very interested to read your review. We do listen to our customers and in particular those that take time to post a review on trip advisor and use the information provided to make improvements as we always endevour to provide the best possible experience for our many customers. I was disappointed to note that you felt you hadn't had an enjoyable experience. Having investigated by speaking to the members of staff present and also the customer that was present, I understand that unfortunately it wasn't until both of you had eaten all of your meal and the waitress asked you how it was that you chose to lodge your complaint thereby removing our opportunity to rectify the situation. I also note that from speaking to the staff that the waitress did apologise and gave you your cakes for free by way of compensation for your disapointment. I am sorry that this was not sufficient to alleviate your anger and disappointment. Having spoken to the chef in detail, he did not get involved in your complaint as he believed the waitress was dealing with the problem. We value relevant feedback but do not feel that making personal, derogatory comments is either relevant or constructive. As previously stated we do take customer experience and satisfaction very seriously and when we feel feedback is relevant we use the advice in a positive way to continually improve standards.
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Decided to go for a drive on lovely day,stopped at the cafe at kilcreggan,we had a very nice lunch,lovely view over the Clyde,very good service,will be back.

New Galloway, United Kingdom
“Loads of chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Price reasonable food good clean and fast only down chips frozen this place is handy if going by ferry or just off the ferry from gourock

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Garelochhead, United Kingdom
“A Cosy Valentines Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

For a romantic treat (@ a reasonable price :-) ) we returned to the Cafe on Valentines night.
As always the staff were attentative and pleasant. The cafe had been set up with all tables set for two, with romantic theme, we were fortunate enough to get one of the window tables. The menu was set, with 3 or 4 different options for each course. For starters we both had and enjoyed the scallops, followed with a mango sorbet palate cleanser before the main course, of which, I had the rump steak (a quality piece of meat) with the "other half" having the Gressingham duck, in orange source. Deserts that followed, were a good STP (sticky toffee pudding) and a white chocolate box which can be described as a delicous cube of white chocolate mouse with a soft raspberry center and sponge base. The meal was finished off / accompanied with a lovely Austrailian fruity red. As always we left a tip to show our gratitude.

• Visited February 2013