“DELICIOUS FOOD, FRIENDLY STAFF, SUPERB SERVICE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Buffet Shop

The Buffet Shop
Colquhoun Street, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, Helensburgh, Scotland
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 45 Restaurants in Helensburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Delicatessen with large coffee/lunch area.
“DELICIOUS FOOD, FRIENDLY STAFF, SUPERB SERVICE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Brilliant family run place. The deli & cheese counter are stocked full of delicious delights of the highest quality. We ate in while we were there and were impressed that all the food you eat is sourced from the deli, so you can buy the ingredient's and try to recreate the dish at home. The portions were very generous and the food was fantastic. The staff were all very friendly & helpful. Will defiantly be back. I highly recommend a trip to The Buffet Shop if you ever visit Helensburgh.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice deli!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Visited the Deli initially last year, but had already eaten before we knew there was a cafe here and decided we would go back this year.

Both adults had soup to start, which was nice without being spectacular. Main courses were Spaghetti Bolognese which was a good portion, and very filling, and a Special of Fig & Gorgonzola Tart which was apparently "superb and very good value for money!". The kids both had pasta (kids portions are available if you ask for them), and again the portions were good. Drinks were very nice - Chai Latte, pot of tea, and proper milkshakes. The prices were certainly not unreasonable for the amount of food we had, although on a personal point I do like my spaghetti to be long so I can twirl it round the fork rather than the short cut stuff.

No issues at all with the service - it was quick, efficient and friendly and we'd be happy to return again another day!

Cost for a family of four, including drinks, was just over £40.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go back..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The standard of service was unsavory. Not made to feel at all welcome by an elderly member of staff. I felt the food was vastly over priced for what was presented in front of me and, whilst the food was arguably delicious, it was far from enough. Will not be returning.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great deli with small cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited here on a day out in cold weather. Height of lunchtime so we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. However the staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially as I had restrictions on things I could eat. I chose a seafood salad and they went out of their way to make sure there were none of my "banned" foods on the plate. It was delicious and to top it all I had a wedge of cherry cake. Had expected the usual slice but it was enormous and husband had to assist in clearing the plate. We'll be back there the next time we visit Helensburgh

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“A lovely spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I dropped in here for a cup of tea and a wee treat with some friends on a day out. In the late afternoon the cafe was full of people, always a good sign I've found. We got a table with out waiting and settled in for a great chat and some tea, severed up by some very friendly staff to was happy to chat and answer any questions we have. The cakes where lovely and, as it was supplied by the attached shop, we where able to accompany it with a Fentimens Rose Lemonade, a favourite which is almost impossible to find. We left full and happy and with a few goodies purchased from the shop.

• Visited February 2013