“Friendly hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa

You added BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Main Street, Drymen, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G63 0BQ, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Drymen
Bridgnorth
“Friendly hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed only one night. Every staff member went out of their way to make us welcome, we were really impressed.. We had questions about the area and they went off and found out everything we needed. The room was clean, the breakfast was lovely, and there was even a pool for the children. A great hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently visited Buchanan Arms on a spa day, which included lunch, smoothie and access to the Leisure Centre. The lunch was really good, however we were not offered a smoothie. When I enquired about it in the Leisure Centre I was told that it is only available in the restaurant. The pool is OK but is really let down by a lack of loungers for relaxing - there are only 2 and as they were occupied when I was there none of my party were able to use them so we ended up just having to leave. Two of us had opted for treatments in Haven Spa. I would highly recommend this. The two of us using the spa had access to the beautiful relaxation room, I chilled out there for over an hour as my other friends had gone off elsewhere due to lack of relaxation facilities in the leisure centre. The Spa is excellent, the staff are welcoming and friendly and the massage was excellent.

I have vouchers for four of us to go for another spa day but the lack of loungers at the pool is putting me off going again :-( two of my party will be unable to use the Spa for health reasons and there will be nothing for them to do except swim or sit in the sauna or steam room which defeats the purpose as we bought them in order to chill out by the pool and have a chat, read etc.

I can't fault the service or value, as it was a voucher dea,l but at the end of the day, without the option of relaxation, it is just lunch and a swim and possibly a smoothie.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
BAH_management, Manager at BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest

i thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent day visit at the Relax leisure club and Haven Spa.
We are aware of the issues you raised regarding the shortage of relaxation areas within the pool hall. We currenlty finalizing our exciting plans for this area, in fact for the hotel as a whole and i would like to reasure you that we are doing everything possible at this stage to improve the facilities here at the BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel.
And shortly we will be able to announce a full range of upgrades.

Yours sincerely

Volker Steinemann
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was lucky enough to get a spa day including lunch for my birthday. While I was there I treated myself to a facial. It was absolutely fabulous. Jenna who did my facial was very nice and I felt so relaxed while the treatment was being carried out. The friendliness of all the staff I encountered was very good. Lunch was lovely and piping hot. We had the chicken and pasta. drinks a bit pricey but all in all very worthwhile. I will be back.

Dear Guest

great to hear you had a fab time

redcar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

stayed here for one night and booked through an agency
check in was easy friendly with reception as you walk in to the hotel.
the bedroom was very nice and a decnt size with a view across to the hills and the bathroom was in very good condition
we had not booked but were able to go straight into the restaurant and were served straight away
the food was good and reasonably priced and we were able to choose from anything on the 2 separate menus - one minor complaint - I ordered a second glass of wine when they brought my main course and it was not brought to me, I had finished my meal and still no wine so I had to get the attention of another member of staff to get the wine for me - finally got it 5 minutes after my meal and there were only 2 tables with people in the whole restaurant.
the bar is nice with a large stone arch and stone pillars which give it character and one barman was very knowledgeable about whiskeys
included in the price of the stay is use of the leisure facilities including a swimming pool.

breakfast was nice buffet and the food was well cooked - another small complaint - the scrambled egg tray was empty and nobody filled it up until I had returned to my table so I went back to get some but there was no spoon in it and nothing to take it out of the tray there were no staff about to ask so i did without

the front of the hotel looks nice and they have made an effort to make it nice with containers with plants in

apart from a couple of small issues we had a very nice stay and would stay here again

Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Mix of old and new building tastefully decorated throughout. Very quiet country setting. The staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. We were given a room at the far end of the building. Only three stairs to negotiate to get to our room. Just be aware that there are sections of the hotel that are three stories tall, and this hotel does not have an elevator. Also, no A/C.

They state that there is free Wifi. However, when I asked about it, I was told that I should be able to get at least one bar in our room. Not able to connect. Really, everyone goes to the bar or front lobby with their electronics to connect.

I selected this hotel for our two night stay, after checking other facilities in and about Stirling. If I were to book again in the future for the Stirling area, I would not choose this hotel. It is approximately 30 - 45 min away from Stirling, via very winding roads. Supposedly, you're able to drive 60 mph on theses roads - but 45 - 50 is the maximum (during daylight hours only).

This is a very nice hotel, that I have no qualms about recommending. My only proviso is about the distance from Stirling IF that is really where you want to be located.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My son and his new wife got married here on the 3rd aug it was a perfect setting and the hotel its self was excellent the staff was more than hepfull through out the whole day the food was great and arrived hot , and what can i say the D , J WAS THE BEST EVER than ks .... and we had a wee surprise for our guests we booked clannandrumma before the buffet EXCELLENT GUYS ..gave us goose bumps eveybody loved them we were all up dancing to the pipes and drums would recommend them ...thank you Buchanan arms for a great day Mother of the Groom

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind comments

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We love coming here for a few days. It is so relaxed. Good clean rooms and bathroom (a little small, but what does that matter). The food in the restaurant is excellent and the countryside around here is stunning. It makes a great base to discover the area without being in the busy centre around lock Lomond. We love it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

we thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Regards

Volker

Been to BEST WESTERN Buchanan Arms Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!