“A bright shining star on a rainy day!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mulberry Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Drymen
Mulberry Lodge
You added Mulberry Lodge to your Saves list
Gartness Road | By Drymen, Drymen, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G63 0DW, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 21 Drymen B&B and Inns
Piteå, Swed
“A bright shining star on a rainy day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Thank you so much for your hospitality and your help with our wet tent. It was a truly honest ta have the oppertunity to stay the night in your marvelous, warm and friendly home. We saw their sign on our way to Drymen on the WHW. We were wet, my husband had a fever and I had a bad hip and there was a vacanse at the B&B. The bathroom were excellent, the view tremendous and the breakfast superbly served ant very tasteful. We will highly recommened your place to everyone. Our stay was one of the peaks on our forthnight i northern Scotland.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
I am so glad that I was of help on the day you arrived and had a room available. I do hope both of you recovered quite quickly from your poor health and you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday with the aid of a dry tent! Thank you so much for your lovely review and as I said I hope you enjoyed your stay in Scotland. Best wishes Yvonne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bridport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed here for a night whilst walking the West Highland Way. It's on the edge of Drymen a few minutes to the village itself but very well placed for the next day's start of the WHW. Pleasant, clean room, friendly owner and one of the best breakfasts we had on our walk. Good value for money too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. The feedback is great to receive. So glad the breakfast was one of the best and hopefully it kept you going for a good part of the day. Best wishes Yvonne.
Pencaitland, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

This review is from my husband!

My father and I stayed hear for 1 night in the bunkroom. We could not fault anything about the accommodation or the friendly service.

Although the bathroom was shared I have not seen one as grand since I stayed at the 5* Turnberry Hotel!

The property was in fantastic condition and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the bunkroom was great value for money.

The location is yards from the West Highland Way and the Route 7 National Cycle Route. It is a short walk from the centre of Drymen where there are some great pubs.

I would thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
What can I say thank you so much for this fantastic review. I hope you enjoyed cycling part of the National Cycle Route 7 and as your father said he hopes to visit again with his wife so I look forward to seeing him again. Best wishes Yvonne.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I could not recommend Mulberry Lodge more highly. Beautiful accommodation, lovely hosts and fantastic breakfast. Just fantastic. I will definitely be back hopefully soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
So pleased to hear that your trip was a success and that you loved Scotland. Thank you for this great review and I hope to see you again soon with your friend when you hit the road again on your motorbike. Take care Yvonne & David.
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I stayed here after walking the first stage of the west highland way and to be honest it was the best place i stayed out of the whole week. The lodge has so much character and the hospitality was first class. The breakfast was also 10 out of 10 along with the price. When i walk the way again i will be booking in here for sure!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your great review and I am surprised that you REMEMBERED!!! to post it. You obviously had a fabulous holiday if you are intending to do it again and if so I hope to see you then. Take care Yvonne
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed at Mulberry Lodge on my first night walking the West Highland Way and it was a wonderful beginning to my walk. All the rooms and bathroom were beautifully appointed, and the breakfast was delicious (really set me up for my day of walking!) but it was Yvonne's welcoming manner and willingness to help that made Mulberry Lodge a real standout. I had trouble with my walking poles and thanks to Yvonne and some duct tape I had the use of poles for the whole trip. I would go out of my way to stay there again and would recommend it highly to any traveller looking for a quality B & B.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
I am so glad our bit of DIY was a success and enabled you to use your stick for the entire walk. I hope you enjoyed the WHW and I wish you all the best for what sounds like a fantastic trip you are on, enjoy all the countries you are visitings especially the Northern Lights in Norway! Take care and thank you for your comments. Best wishes Yvonne.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Mulberry lodge is one of the very few fantastic B&Bs we have stayed. It started from a very warm welcome and the house and the luxury bedroom are full of lovely surprises.

The decoration is elegant and classy, the bed is so comfortable with excellent countryside view outside the window and the breakfast quality and generous portions could compete any 5 star hotel.

Yvonne, the owner couldn't have done anymore to make us feel welcome and our stay enjoyable.

This B&B is the best one to pick in our opinion if you are doing west highland way and plan to stay in Drymen for the 1st night. The 2nd day start point is next to the B&B.

Paul & Pei

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
YvonneDrymen, Owner at Mulberry Lodge, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Every cloud has a silver linning and your dust cloud certainly had. I hope that your week 's weather wise was an improvement on the one you should have had and the walk was everything you expected it to be. Hope you were able to source plenty of apples on the way! Thank you for a lovely review and take care. Best wishes Yvonne.

Been to Mulberry Lodge? Share your experiences!