This is a great place to stay! The lodge was clean comfortable and well equipped. The views were stunning, particularly due to the arrival of snow a few days earlier. Lodges are well separated so very quiet and private. Great location for exploring further afield (Glen Coe, Fort William, Be Nevis, Oban, etc.) or the locality. Cameron was very friendly /helpful. The lodge / venue made a big contribution to a lovely relaxing but active Easter break. Would definitely recommend a holiday at Portnellan.
- Also Known As:
- Portnellan Hotel
- Portnellan Hotel Crianlarich
- Portnellan Crianlarich, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Picture of Perfection in the Heart of the Scottish Highlands. Come and see for yourself.Portnellan has a rating of 98% on TripAdvisor with over 100 reviews being awarded a 'Certificate of Excellence for 2013' for the third year running. We also hold an overall rating of 8.7 out of 10 by ZooverA tasteful collection of 4 and 5 star self catering holiday properties owned and run by the Taylor family for over 30 years. Located just outside the picturesque village of Crianlarich within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, a great central location for touring and visiting many Scottish attractions and adventure.All properties are positioned thoughtfully on a small private estate with magnificent views of loch, glen and mountains.Portnellan are award-winning, luxury self-catering lodges and cottages sleeping 1 to 8 people, with en-suite bathrooms and fitted kitchens -some properties even have sauna and spa bath. They are equipped with LCD TVs, DVD, some even have full SKY package, Blu Ray DVD and Nintendo Wii. WiFi usage is available.There are great hill walking opportunities in the area to suit everyone, 40 munros within a 10 mile radius, wonderful hill running and first rate cycling.On site activities include free boats, Canadian canoes, and 5 miles of loch and river fishing. An on site visitor centre with a small essentials shop, fresh organic meat (perfect for BBQing or home cooking), local information, board games and DVDs. Mountain bike, clay pigeon and target shooting are available and BBQ hire.This beautiful accommodation is available for short breaks, weeks or longer A tasteful selection of 4 and 5 star self catering lodges and cottages sleeping 1-8 people All properties with loch and mountain views. Private balcony or patio with garden furniture. A family business for over 30 years proud of their Highland hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Portnellan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.