“Don't pass it by!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mhor 84

Mhor 84
A84 | Balquhidder, Balquhidder, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park fk198ny, Scotland
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Warrington
“Don't pass it by!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Found this gem by accident when my wife spotted a sign for bird food!! Couldn't believe our luck when we walked in, lovely cakes on display, real fires and a quirky retro/vintage look. Only managed coffees and soup and a sandwich but everything was spot on. Would unhesitatingly recommend. Will probably have a night or two here later in the year (on the strength of our brief visit) - but don't tell my wife!

UK
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We're fortunate enough to have relatives further up north, meaning we have an excuse to drive up the road relatively frequently anyway - because otherwise I would be making up excuses to drive to Baluqhidder just in order to stop off at Mhor 84 for (in no particular order): their fantastic flat white, yummy baking, delicious burger, seasonal and local fare, great breakfast dishes (served not just at breakfast time), not to mention the friendly service and pleasant surroundings.
I'm a big fan of the decor (think retro vintage chic - bit like the Leon restaurants in London, but the scenery outside beats London hands down)!
We nearly got stuck here at the weekend due to the road down in Callendar being flooded. I was almost sad that we weren't in the end compelled to take a room, as if they're half as nice as the restaurant downstairs, we wouldn't have been disappointed (and we could then have eaten a breakfast there at a more breakfast-like hour).
Baby and dog friendly (a big plus for us), and very accommodating and friendly to both!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“If I win the lottery, I'm moving here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Monachyle Mhor is a luxe hotel and restaurant overlooking a broad sweep of glen leading down to two lochs, and it is breathtaking. Expensive. But if you are well heeled, do this place. I'll win the lottery and become a regular in my dreams.

Visited September 2013
Scotland
“A welcome change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here several times since it opened last year. Always good. Unusual menu, great value, friendly service. The owners are experienced and it shows. Even when I am passing and in a hurry I stop for a takeaway coffee. Keep up the good work.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Great Guinness and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

'Twas full when we was there. I know it is a regular haunt of so many local but greta and friendly local staff.
Live music a plus too .