“Lovely food and service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Stables Restaurant

The Stables Restaurant
Carrochan Road, Balloch, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 8BW, Scotland
01389 752148
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Lovely food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Visited here with my mum and 2 boys. I ordered the seafood platter which was beautiful although it was more of a starter. My mum had chicken with haggis and polished off her meal. The food was fresh and lovely. It did take a while for it to come out which was unusual as we were the only people in the restaurant. Overall a good experience.

Balloch
“Do not eat here if you have children”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Took my mother-in-law out for her lunch with my little boy and I was spoke to like a child by the female member of staff "Nora" who said "I am getting you a highchair I am not tollerating your child running around". There was a funeral on in the function room but we were never told this on arriving but in any event we were quite a bit away from the function room and my little one was not running he was just being Inquisitive.

We left and went elsewhere

Visited April 2014
Leven, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our B & B hosts recommended this restaurant. From entering, the staff could not have been friendlier. Excellent service. The food was very good and the menu varied and not overly priced. We would visit again when in the area.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“An OK meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We had a family meal here in February and, whilst the menu will never trouble the cutting edge of modern Scottish cuisine, it was all wholesome, tasty food - an OK meal.

Visited February 2014
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Meal with friends on day out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Went to the stables on the recommendation of our friends we were with for a day out at Loch Lomond. I have to say the place is well presented and has a good atmosphere. Our food was very good, a little over priced, but considering they are in a main tourist route not surprising. I had the lentil soup which was nice a warming. Then I had the salmon, well what a surprise it was delicious, it was cooked perfectly..no bones no skin and just melted in your mouth. My husband had the steak pie, now being a bit of a steak pie expect he rated this one a 8 out of 10. Well done the stables for a lovely meal and an enjoyable visit.

Visited March 2014