“Great little guest house” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rowantreebank B&B

You added Rowantreebank B&B to your Saves list
Rowantreebank B&B
Rowantreebank | Main Street, Arrochar, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 7AA, Scotland   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Arrochar B&B and Inns
hartlepool
“Great little guest house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed with dave and his wife at the start of september, the guest house is a lovely dated dorma bungalow, scenery from the front of building is stunning, loch long and and the ben arthur directly in front of you. The owner is a very friendly person who goes out of his way for your comfort,the rooms are warm and cosy and are ideal for a couple of nights stop over, food was absolutely beautifull well served and plenty of it at breakfast time, full english was given a mark out of ten, ten well done,rowantree and the owners, and thanks for making my stay a happy one,

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my friend were looking for twin romm for ine night and we were very happy to find this small B&B. May be it was a bit old at night, but still I highly recommend this place.
The breakfast is ok if you know what to order.

Room Tip: We had a twin room facing the road and the lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lippstadt, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked a double room (en suite). The room was very small, facing the road and appointed with a tiny TV. The mattresses were old and very well used.
The bathroom was in a very bad condition. The shower head was leaking and the laminate floor was swollen from water. There also was mildew in the bathroom (baseboards and ceiling).
In the dinnig room there was mildew on the ceiling as well. We had a full English breakfast which was too greasy.
We really cannot recommend this place - it was not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

can't describe the feeling after a long drive to arrive at this place and feel my heart sink.
The smell of damp hung about the rooms which the plug in air fresheners and open windows did not dispel. Everywhere looked shabby and and couldn't imagine having to use the shower or loo.
couldn't face staying in the room so walked round Arrochar knocking on doors of hotels and B&b's to try and find somewhere else to sleep that night (and on our return a week later.) At 8.30pm we were directed to a fabulous house about 3 doors away in which we stayed both that night and again our return. We returned to Rowantreebank paid our money, got our belongings and moved up the road. I hate being rude about the place as they are obviously struggling but it is dreadful and with a £5 price difference between them and the fabulous house we ended up staying in then its not even as if its a cheap option.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton, Sussex, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The landlord was welcoming and helpful. My single room was small and the establishment a bit tired and worn and in need of a spruce-up, but I felt this was acceptable given the price I paid through my online booking. If I peered out of the velux window in my top floor room there were great views of the loch and mountains - affording a very useful early-warning weather assessment for climbing Ben Arthur (The Cobbler) on the opposite side of the loch (Ben Arthur makes for an excellent walk - or scramble to the rocky summits for the more adventurous). Nice pub not far down the road for an evening meal. Good breakfast. The B&B is on a busy A-road which made it a bit noisy at night. Useful location en route to the Highlands. Not the most romantic of establishments but not a rip-off either.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms will suffer a bit from road noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kirkcaldy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was thrilled by the view from the window,normally when you get a reasonable priced B&B it tends not be be in such a perfect spot. The B&B owner showed nothing but warmth and kindness. Breakfast was very enjoyable. The room covered my basic needs and I had 2 nights great sleep, being a single room it was a good price but you do have a separate toilet,shower room only for use for those in room 2,other rooms have their own showers etc. Only downside was some noise from the next door when running the taps but I'd say theres more positives than negatives for the price.if you want everything perfect then you have to pay the price and in this day and age,is far more than folk can afford so I'd rather have the odd imperfections and a good price,good sleep than perfection and too costly. . I will return at some point and most definitely tell folk about the B&B for an affordable break and all your basic needs met. Thanks again for the hospitality.

Best Regards

Elaine

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our host welcomed us warmly when we arrived for our hastily arranged last-minute break. There were issues with the room as mentioned in other reviews (decor a bit tired, portable TV in need of an upgrade, some noise & draft through the single glazed window), but we found the room generally clean, and no smell of damp (and plenty of hot water & tea/coffee making facilities). Agreed; some shower gel in the shower would be nice, but at the prices charged, I really can't complain too much.

Breakfast was generous (and the ordering system ingenious), hot, and on time. The view from the room across the loch to the mountains is superb.

If you're after a bit of luxury, then go to a hotel and pay double (and more). Personally, I enjoyed my stay and left without feeling I had been ripped off, which makes a pleasant change.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Rowantreebank B&B? Share your experiences!