“Nice pub food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 17 Arrochar B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in a bed and breakfast across the loch and visited the village inn for dinner. The bar area was lovely with an open fire. We went through to the restaurant which was rather plain and lacking a bit of atmosphere as compared to the bar and lounge. However the food was very good. We had kedgeree and a steak pie, followed by delicious Scottish tablet cheesecake. Very enjoyable, would recommend. Prices reasonable.

• Stayed October 2013
villageinnarrochar, General Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal and we will take on board your comments regarding the atmosphere in the restaurant.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked this hotel at the last minute on our way to rothesay through booking.com for £30 with breakfast .From the moment we arrived we were shown to our room by Andy ( room 3 ) which has a great view of Loch Long .This hotel has everything a great bar and a beautiful restaurant and great rooms and beer garden .I do not think i will ever get better value for money anywhere in scotland give it a try guarantee you will enjoy it ..........

Room Tip: book room 3 for a great view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
villageinnarrochar, General Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Amazing review 10 out of 10. Cant get much better than that. We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you returning.

Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Village Inn is a friendly, welcoming B&B with fantastic views of Loch Long. It was even warm enough for us to have lunch outside! We booked last minute on a great value rate. The rooms are basic but have everything you need (although the bathroom needed upgrading with cracked and loose floor tiles, but it didn't detract). The food is fantastic, as is the bar with its 3 real ales. Staff couldn't be faulted throughout our entire stay. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are refurbishing the rooms at the end of the season, so all problems will be rectified. I do hope this does not put you off visiting us again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

At the outset I should stipulate that I only visited the Village Inn for dinner. I stayed down the street at a different B&B. So, I cannot comment on their accommodation.

I had seen the menu online and it looked to be one of the better places to dine in Arrochar, which offers few other choices without driving to another village. I had tried placing a diner reservation several weeks in advance but I was told I could only book one week ahead, which I eventually did. Being able to book further ahead would have left one less thing to worry about in my complicated 3.5-week trip to Scotland.

On the night I was there one of the specials was a Moroccan-inspired lamb stew with couscous. Typically, restaurants and pubs serve the same braised lamb joint with mash, which is often good but how could I resist such a creative dish in the wilds of Argyll? The dish arrived with a generous portion of couscous and it was surprisingly (for the UK) spicy, but not too hot. My only complaint is that it was difficult to get the attention of a server. There was confusion at the beginning over who served my table. Later I asked for something from one of the waiters. He promised to bring what I wanted but disappeared and I had flag another server down. When the forgetful waiter reappeared in the dining room a trail of cigarette smoke trailed with him, which is never particularly appetizing when eating.

After dinner I popped into the bar for an drink. It's a cozy and homey place that is very inviting. While the bar is not particular large it was decent for a small village and the bar staff was friendly and attentive.

Overall, I'd rate this as the best place to eat in Arrochar. I just wish the servers in the dining room paid a bit more attention to the diners.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I agree with your comments regarding service this should never of happened and this will be highlighted to all team members. Also there is no reason why your reservation shouldn't of been taken and that will definitely be investigated. I appreciate you comments as it helps us move forward. I do hope the next time you are in Scotland you will come and visit us.

Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked the Village Inn at short notice for just one night at £40 per room Band B, and had a really pleasant surprise, the staff were all very friendly and welcoming, and the room was lovely with a view out over the loch. We ate in the restaurant in the evening where the food was excellent and the waiting on staff very friendly and accommodating, the same goes for breakfast in the morning. Definitely value for money and a comfortable base if visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
villageinnarrochar, General Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for a great review. We often do last minute special offers, so well worth checking out. The staff work very hard to deliver great service & food & we are looking forward to you returning in the future.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Whilst we were travelling around Arrochar and exploring we kept seeing these signs all around about The Village Inn. So we decided to have a look and I'm so glad we did. What a lovely Inn and the views were spectacular!!
We were greeted by a young man (I think it was the Manager) and he booked us in, he then took our luggage and we went upstairs to the room, WELL what a view we had, overlooking Loch Long and the mountains were fantastic and very romantic. We were so lucky with the weather as we could see all around.
Loch Lomond is very near by and worth a look (you wont be disappointed) Back at the Inn, we had afternoon tea which was very nice and later on we had a lovely dinner (try the specials, I could have had the whole lot, Very tasty) all the staff were very attentive and made sure everything was all right.
The next day we had a very hearty breakfast which you'll need for the day ahead and both went off walking to look at the surrounding scenery.
I can truly say hand on my heart that I was totally bowled over by the service and dedication from all the staff and especially Tony and Ann for making our stay so special. Thank you and we will be seeing you all again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a delightful review. All the team are glad you had a wonderful stay and look forward to you returning in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I and my Partner chose The Village Inn after a recommendation. We wanted a few days away from London to unwind, and the location and accommodation were outstanding. The Village Inn sits on the tranquil shores of Loch Long with breathtaking views across to the rugged mountains on the opposite shore, and is an excellent location for exploring The Highlands and nearby Loch Lomond while still within easy reach of Glasgow and transport links. From the initial warm welcome from Willie to the final warm farewell from Tony and Ann, the staff surpassed themselves and were polite and attentive at all times. The accommodation is comfortably and tastefully appointed, we were in the lovely room 3 which afforded panoramic views over the loch. The food is beautifully cooked and presented, from the hearty Scottish breakfast through to the excellent dinner menu, and there is a good variety of drinks available from the bars. The Village Inn truly felt like a home from home, and provided exactly the relaxation we desired. Our only regret is that we didn't stay for longer, but we have unearthed a gem and will definitely be back for years to come. Our experience was testament to the efforts of all the staff and especially the management, Tony and Ann, for clearly devoting so much attention to providing their customers with a flawless experience.

Room Tip: Room 3 is highly recommended due to being on the first floor with a loch view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
villageinnarrochar, General Manager at The Village Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
WOW Thank you for a Wonderful review. All the Team are delighted with your review as they all work very hard to deliver excellent service at all times and it is wonderful for this to be recognised. We are all looking forward to you returning very soon.

Kind Regards

Been to The Village Inn? Share your experiences!