Stayed for one night only, thank goodness. The bar and lounge area were fine, big log fire blazing away when we arrived so it all looked cosy but we were put in a room in a separate cottage at the back of the inn and it was awful. It was like a cave, cold, damp and dark, with windows looking at onto a wall and two oil tanks. It had obviously been adapted for the disabled so there were handrails and grips everywhere but nowhere to put anything in the bathroom, not even a shelf or a hook so complete lack of forethought there. Hard thin mattress on the bed, without a mattress protector, ditto the pillows, and the bed frame rocked so much when you turned over that we thought it would collapse, so an uncomfortable nigh's sleep.
Dinner was extremely disappointing and breakfast just about ok. Our friends were in one of the main rooms in the inn but they had a large van parked right outside their bedroom window so although their room overlooked the lock they weren't able to see a thing, other than the van.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn, Arrochar has 14 en-suite bedrooms all of which provide fresh, comfortable and welcoming double accommodation. They are all tastefully decorated and furnished in a traditional classic rustic style.We have 10 double bedrooms (some with large double ended baths!) in the main building and a further 4 bedrooms in the beautifully restored annexe building to the rear of the inn. The annexe has 3 double rooms and 1 twin room with 2 of these bedrooms being on the ground floor.The 2 superior rooms in the main building come with 4 poster beds and offer stunning views over Loch Long and the "Arrochar Alps". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Arrochar
- The Village Inn Arrochar, Scotland