“Bursting with character, and dirt.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Drovers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardlui
The Drovers Inn
You added The Drovers Inn to your Saves list
Ardlui, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park G83 7DX , Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Ardlui B&B and Inns
Erskine, United Kingdom
“Bursting with character, and dirt.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had lunch here, but did not stay over in any rooms.

The food is very good but a little too expensive. The main bar is dark and jam packed full of character. But it has to be the dirtiest place I have eaten in. The cutlery, glasses and plates are all spotlessly clean, but the room needs a deep clean. The fish above the fireplace is unrecognisable as a fish it's so covered in soot. Who knows which species it is.

It was busy and the staff were first class.

I have been here a few times over the years, and probably will be the last. Unless they reduce the prices by a few pounds per dish.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
greenock scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and myself love the drive here, the food is amazing especially if you go on a sunday and get Sunday lunch really is tasty and very big mmm, the double chocolate fudge and caramel cake is the best ive ever tasted, I even got some to take away as travelled for miles especially for this hahaha, never stayed here, dont think I would quite pricey and doesn't look the cleanest the pub part amazing has lovely coal fire very cosy and has great atmosphere, cant wait for my next cake fix !

• Stayed February 2013
Isle of Harris
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I last visited the Drovers Inn twenty years ago, and remember it fondly. Unfortunately, nothing seems to have changed since then. It looks as though there has been no money spent on the building since then. Arriving in the dark, it looks, sounds, smells great. The bar is cozy, with log fires roaring. The whisky selection is great, however only one real ale? We stayed over the road in the lodge rooms. They're OK, but again are threadbare and in need of some TLC. Bear in mind the walls are very thin - be prepare to have to listen to next door's conversations.
Daylight brings a shock. The romantic inn by night, turns to a tired, run down pile in the broad light of day. The place is dirty - yes quirky - but not somewhere to stay. By all means eat and drink in the bar - but get out by bed time!

Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have visited the Drovers in numerous occasions after spending the day on the hills, and look forward to the relaxing atmosphere and that roaring log fire, and meeting the many people who pass through this little Inn makes it a great place to visit.

My girlfriend booked us in for an overnight stay during the week as she knew how much I raved on about this great wee place and we had a fantastic time sitting beside the log fire having a few drinks and enjoying great company and of course the great food.

Dont expect a 5 star rating, but what you will get is fab service from the staff, clean and tidy rooms, and great stories and chat from the many people visiting this little place,
from the many countries passing through on there way to their holiday destination.

Thanks to all the staff for making us feel so welcome, and hope you enjoyed my birthday cake.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Don't do it!Wow!Unbelievable!This place was recommended to my hubby by a work colleague and friend who is now just a work colleague.
When he said,"there it is" I nearly fainted.From the outside the place is clearly awful and I couldnt work out how it was physically still standing,so delapidated was the building.I stood in the car park wondering whether to go inside or not and made asolutely the wrong decision,we went inside.
Creepy,dirty,badly cooked greasy food,this place will never leave me and I'm sorry we didnt keep driving.
Best tip fro me is,"Don't stop,keep driving,get as far away from here as you can as fast as you can!"

Shrewsbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This famous and quintessentially Scottish Inn is a perfect taste of Scotland both good and bad. If you're looking for the bland then stick to holiday inn, but of you want an unforgettable experience then you'll do a lot worse than a night at The Drovers.

• Stayed January 2013
Balloch, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and i visit The Drovers every summer,we stop in for lunch at the beginning of our summer holiday and this is where our holiday really begins,it has the most welcoming feeling and the staff are very friendly and helpful,the food is delicious and the bar has a cosy warm atmosphere,we really can't fault anything about it,definately one of my favourite places

Room Tip: we don't stay overnight so can't comment on the rooms