“Food Fab in an ambient setting” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Great quality home cooked Italian food
Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
“Food Fab in an ambient setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Generous portions of well cooked food. The lamb shank was falling off the bone. Attentive waiting staff. Overall very pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
“gourmet food-what a treat !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Bute is such a lovely Island-we spent a week here to see what the weather and Rothesay would be like in Winter. What a lovely surprise to find so much open and the weather was the best in GB that week !!.The big unexpected treat was the food and service in 29. The menu was diverse and inviting. We managed to squeeze in a second visit before heading back to England.Decor and food presentation matched the tastes. My wife, to my surprise, chose fish and chips on the 2nd occasion. She says it was the best she had ever eaten. My haggis starter was divine. SO BUTE HAS A FINE DINING RESTAURANT-I hope it will continue and we will be back before long.

“No 1 in Bute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I think we've been here a total of 8 times since the restaurant opened. The food is really excellent. On our last visit we had pork belly, scallops, black pudding & apple sauce to start. DELICIOUS! My sister and brother-in-law who live in London accompanied us and were amazed not just by the quality of the food but by the low cost of it all. London style with Bute prices, a real gem. Let's hope Jonathan, Mel and team go from strength to strength with local support. If you are looking for excellent food, imaginative menus and good value I could not recommend No 29 highly enough. Plus bring your own bottle is an added bonus. Looking forward to our next visit!

Fochabers, United Kingdom
“Delicious local fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This small unlicensed restaurant was fantastic. Competitively priced, particularly as you can bring your own wine and there's no corkage fee, the food was delicious with beautifully fresh sea food and perfectly cooked meat. The portions for the starters did seem slightly smaller than I would have liked but the mains were generous that I was glad I hadn't filled myself up before they arrived.

A word must be said about the waitresses working the evening I visited who were really superb, attentive and happy to help. Crucially they did not hover around during courses and seemed to know when to pop back to the table to pour wine or check if we needed anything. They were a real asset and added that finishing touch to a great evening.

Visited January 2013
Huntingdonshire
“Excellent Service And Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant on Saturday night 26 Jan with friends, the weather was very wet and cold but as soon as we entered the restaurant we were made to feel very welcome. The atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. As this restaurant is unlicenced your can take your own drinks which really does make a difference to the final bill. All four of us had a starter and main course with only myself managing a dessert. The dishes served were absolutely delicious and of a very high standards. I would reccomend this little gem to anyone visiting Rothesay.